Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can u drive through a carwash that has underbody wash with injen or k&n CAI? And do you have to take off the bumber again after the CAI is installed to switch back to Short Ram.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
well..when you're going thru a carwash..you're not WOT..so water wont be sucked into an engine..right? i went thru a touchless..and its fine..

i guess u could leave the lower portion installed..but then you'd need another filter..i danno..i've never switched from cai to sr

·
Slickness...
971 Posts
The filter on the CAI is pretty well protected by the plastic panels under the car.

You shouldnt ever have to take the bumper off when installing a CAI (I didnt have to). If you want to change back to SRI, just remove part of the front wheel well plastic, remove the filter, then take out that part of the tube from the top.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
joerockt said:
The filter on the CAI is pretty well protected by the plastic panels under the car.

You shouldnt ever have to take the bumper off when installing a CAI (I didnt have to). If you want to change back to SRI, just remove part of the front wheel well plastic, remove the filter, then take out that part of the tube from the top.
well therez two ways of installing the cai..one is removing the bumper..and the other is going through the wheel well

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Vancouver
9,175 Posts
I think lots of people did the way of removing bumper.......
back to your Q......i don't think it will hydorlock, since you ain't reving your engine......like Phase said.....
If you still scare, I think you can get a AEM bypass valve~

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
or just wash the car yourself..that way you can control where the water is shooting from :) and you washing the car is prolly more efficient than that touchless stuff

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
No, you won't hydrolock ... I'm always using automated car wash systems. Even if you decide to WOT, it's fine.

·
Slickness...
971 Posts
-phase- said:
well therez two ways of installing the cai..one is removing the bumper..and the other is going through the wheel well
Seems to me taking off the bumper is a lot more difficult then just going throught the wheel well.

·
Senior Loan Officer
128 Posts
I go through car washes all the time, no problems.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
yeah no problems w/ car washes here, pretty much don't drive your car through a lake at WOT anytime soon and you wont Hydrolock... the intakes pritty safe, ive had it in CAI mode since I first installed it, been through snow storms and all

1 - 11 of 11 Posts