Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Acuracake!!!!
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I was going to add a CAI to my TSX, will it void any warranties on the car at all. Or will the techs no pay any attention to it when they are working on my car?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Nope, No problems what so ever.... CAI is a great mod for the TSX, what company were you thinking of Injen or K&N ?

·
Acuracake!!!!
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I have a few choices. I could get a completely custom CAI for my car made by a friend of mine that build engines for Hondas for about $100 installed or I was thinking about buying an AEM or Injen one. I just do not know yet?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
AEM only has a Short Ram Application so its useless, Injen seems to be the most popular around here. Well good luck with whichever you choose

·
Acuracake!!!!
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was told that if I get the full blown intake that it sits so low that if I drive over a puddle, water might travel through the intake and into the engine. Was that person that told me this wrong? What are the advantages and disadvantages to Short ram as opposeded to the full Cold Air Intake?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Idealy that Can happen, But unless you Decide to drive into a Lake at WOT (wide open Throttle) you aint gonna Hydrolock your Engine, Simply put a Short Ram sucks in Warm Air, it might be better then the Stock Air Box, performance wise, but Still its not terrific, the CAI sucks in Cold air, the Filter is located towards the bottom of your bumper, and as the Basics of Hotrodding says COLD AIR= HP

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
If you do any engine damage which is caused or related to your intake, your valid warranty could become a question. In saying that, if you stick with what's currently available on the market and drive sensibly, you should not have any problems in reflect.

·
Acuracake!!!!
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I talked to a local reseller of AM parts for imports and they told me that the AEM set up that they sell is only the full CAI not the short ram version. Has anyone seen this set up?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
AEM does NOT make a CAI for the TSX, The only CAI's are Injen and K&N, Most of the people on this forum use the Injen, however Andy, Chyllin, and Myself Use the K&N Typhoon, Eithers good, Moral of the Story, Dont Buy a Short Ram, get either the Injen or the K&N, AEM since ur so caught up on the name, is a more expensive verson of K&N, made in the same place using the same materials,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts