Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
-
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of Calgary TSX owners have PM'ed me lately..

Any more out there? How about in Alberta?

Thanks..Joe

·
-
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome Outlaw!

Always good to see some more Albertan's on here.. :)

Perhaps post some pics of your TSX?... Joe

·
-
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome.. I saw your nice looking TSX in your other thread.

There are a few of us around. We could have a GTG in a phone booth though!

Just kidding but we might have to try an actual GTG next summer. It wouldn't be too many but still fun & educational...

...Joe

·
Registered
125 Posts
I was out to Calgary for 5 days for The Grey Cup and only saw a couple TSX's the whole time. It snowed on the Friday night ...about one inch and the city was basically shut down with gridlock because they supposedly only have one plow?? Is this true?

·
-
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's totally cool that you came out for the Grey Cup!

Calgary has lots of snowplows but we have turned into a wimpy city...:rolleyes:

Just like Vancouver, Toronto & others, as soon as a bit of snow flies the roads get to be a zoo. Stupid city folks don't think they need winter tires, have no idea how to drive in snow & expect the roads to be cleared of snow & ice immediately.
All that adds up to gridlock when it snows.

You won't see many TSX's in Calgary as it's much more trendy to be in a large SUV or truck.

I am actually off to Toronto tomorrow to work for a few days in Markham & then off to my in-laws in Walkerton with wifey for Xmas.

...Joe

·
Registered
125 Posts
That's totally cool that you came out for the Grey Cup!

Calgary has lots of snowplows but we have turned into a wimpy city...:rolleyes:

Just like Vancouver, Toronto & others, as soon as a bit of snow flies the roads get to be a zoo. Stupid city folks don't think they need winter tires, have no idea how to drive in snow & expect the roads to be cleared of snow & ice immediately.
All that adds up to gridlock when it snows.

You won't see many TSX's in Calgary as it's much more trendy to be in a large SUV or truck.

I am actually off to Toronto tomorrow to work for a few days in Markham & then off to my in-laws in Walkerton with wifey for Xmas.

...Joe
You'll likely be driving right by my place if you go through Shelburne (Hwy 10/89/124) on your way to Walkerton. We're fairly close to Walkerton. Have a great Christmas.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
+1 04 TSX in Edmonton but i do travel to Calgary with my TSX a lot!

·
-
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
+1 04 TSX in Edmonton but i do travel to Calgary with my TSX a lot!

Welcome EdmTSX, sorry about the Oilers this year!

Just Joined, In Calgary, Will be buying TSX this Spring.

Welcome FormerSkyliner. Good luck shopping for a TSX.
Take your time & do some research on which year TSX to buy.
Our TSX has been great. It's not perfect but I really like it & my wife totally enjoys it also.

It took me quite a while to find a white 2006 TSX with black interior, low miles, 6speed manual.

Personally, I would avoid the '04's & I would choose a manual trans over an automatic but it's different for everyone.

Good luck...Joe

·
In search of a TSX for me
6 Posts
Welcome FormerSkyliner. Good luck shopping for a TSX.
Take your time & do some research on which year TSX to buy.
Our TSX has been great. It's not perfect but I really like it & my wife totally enjoys it also.

It took me quite a while to find a white 2006 TSX with black interior, low miles, 6speed manual.

Personally, I would avoid the '04's & I would choose a manual trans over an automatic but it's different for everyone.

Good luck...Joe
thanks!

The TSX will be replacing my GT-R because I need something more practical/reliable but still fun to drive.

I planned on getting a 6spd, but other than that I'm not too picky (except no wood trim, I don't like that). My main focus is condition and maintenance records.

What about the '04's is of concern? Is there a specific thread on here worth looking at as a buyers guide?

·
Registered
585 Posts
I should say hello from Calgary too :D

What about the '04's is of concern? Is there a specific thread on here worth looking at as a buyers guide?
It's really just the same as with any first year of a car. There are glitches that need to be worked out. Specifically, I can't think of anything right at the moment, but I'd also stay away from the 04's :p

Dang, I've often thought of selling the TSX and grabbing a turbo import ha ha! How long have you had your Skyline?

·
In search of a TSX for me
6 Posts
I should say hello from Calgary too :D

It's really just the same as with any first year of a car. There are glitches that need to be worked out. Specifically, I can't think of anything right at the moment, but I'd also stay away from the 04's :p

Dang, I've often thought of selling the TSX and grabbing a turbo import ha ha! How long have you had your Skyline?
I have Had the Skyline for about three years. I gutted the interior to get it ready for a FIA spec roll cage and was planning suspension and engine mods to suit the Newfoundland Targa Rally. But family priorities changed that for the time being. Sell it to ya cheap if your interested...Hahaha...but seriously...

1 - 20 of 94 Posts