Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Issue. Please help. Advise. Feedbacks. Opinion. Are all greatly appreciated.

Anyways..

I have
axis penta 18x8 +30
225/40/18 kumho asx
rear spacers 12.5mm
front adapter spacers 15mm
all installed

wheels are sticking out an inch at all 4 sides. And rubs fender. Mainly in the back. Especially with a load of passengers.

Car is at stock height..

Please help.. What should i do..

Note: I cannot take out spacers because wheels wont fit unless i have spacers... Due to calibers and mean offset.

My plan is to lower the car... I would love to have my wheels camber in enough to clear my fender. I dont mind losing too much inner tread. Do i need a camber kit for all 4 front and back. ???

Do i lower the car first and wait for it camber itself inwards. And then buy camber kits to camber it negative to be slanted and clear my fenders. ???

How much should i lower it. As of now i only have a 2 inch gap from fender to tire.??

Should i roll my fenders...??

Does tsx have stock camber that can be adjusted and if so how much degree does it allow.??

Daily driven. 300 miles a week. Not too big on speeding due to automatic transmission and price on gas...

·
Registered
317 Posts
Stock TSX camber can not be adjust.
You will need to get both front and rear camber.
I have a very similar setup to your set of tires/rims and I do run both front and back camber kits.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what kind of camber kit should i get? for all 4??

also would u prefer tein basic or tein SS... money is somewhat an issues... but i just want to make sure ride is comfortable that does the job in preventing bumpy ass rides. good lowered height. stiff enough so my tires dont rub the liner...

·
I <3 My CL9
1,492 Posts
I would go tein ss for the extra adjustability of dampening(pretty sure thats the main difference between the two..correct me if i am wrong). and get ingalls rear camber and skunk2 front camber arms. I am installing my suspension tomorrow :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
?

I would go tein ss for the extra adjustability of dampening(pretty sure thats the main difference between the two..correct me if i am wrong). and get ingalls rear camber and skunk2 front camber arms. I am installing my suspension tomorrow :)
they wishbone type right? Skunk2 Pro-Series Camber Kit - Front - Acura TSX 2004???

·
I <3 My CL9
1,492 Posts
they wishbone type right? Skunk2 Pro-Series Camber Kit - Front - Acura TSX 2004???
Yeah bought them from heeltoe! Cheapest place to get them from(bonus) I will let you know how install goes since I have never attempted anything suspension related.

they're these ones:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what do you guys think of me getting all camber kits and installed. but riding stock height for approximately 1-2 months due to $ issues. didnt know i needed camber kit b4 i installed these wheels. now i think camber kit is more important than coilovers... perhaps get fender rolled same day as camber kit...

skunk2 in front
ingalls in the rear

what do you think???

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
at the moment i have a 2 inch gap. stock. from tire to fender... would the tires clear stock height with all camber kits... would ingalls in the rear be enough it states 1.5 degree. whereas the skunk2 in the front goes up to 3 degrees. please help. i would like to have it done b4 school starts again...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
install yet?

how did the install go? and how was the final product??

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so, i just got an alignment. both my rear camber in the back are -7.0 the rear driver looks more negative camber than the passenger. i measured it by checking the gap. and it is true that one side has mroe negative than the other even though the alignment showed both equally -7 i wanna throw on 25mm adapters real soon. but afraid it will still have that problem...

any suggestions, answers, opinion?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts