Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
hey guys just got a tsx (07) it has some seriously nasty paint bubbling at spots, esp. infront of the sunroof. Its bugging me as i take car cancer serious. I just spent over 300+ on the reg. maintence and stuff and dont want to dish out big bucks again atleast right away...

Ill attach a pic, but essentially its bubbling paint and rust. What should i do? Find one of those good touch up guys that does it thoroughly or get it resprayed on those spots.

I have a long drive (toronto to detroit weekly which is why more are inevitable). But id rather take care of them as maintenance and spend money on this then intakes/rims etc. So i can get w/e recommended fix in Michigan/ Toronto/ windsor
as a temp fix: wet sand, mask off areas, spay primer and than spray color matched paint.

but youll need the roof re-sprayed either way:/ you can try some touch up paint but i doubt itll work

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
Could you take more angles of it?

·
long-term build
2,761 Posts
what I would do:

bring it to a body shop, tell them to fix it the right way.
it'll be kinda costly, but worth it.

then what? let it happen again? no sir.
then I'd wrap the car. or at minimum the roof.
in vinyl. doesn't have to be flat black or fake cf. just in anything
really, it's about the protection.

I'll be wrapping my whole car soon.
maybe a satin color or something, not sure.

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
where im from (LI) it would be about 500-800 to get the roof re-sprayed. all depends on the shop and location. your CEL could be quite simple and inexpensive. get the code read BEFORE you freak ;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I asked a few shops today most recommended doing it myself b/c i knew what i was kind of doing.

Sand/primer/spray but i dont know, has any1 done any touchup can they guide me on a proper method b/c i dont want a half assed looking job, this isnt my $1000 68 chevy pickup project.

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
mask off the areas and wet sand it down make sure you get rid of the rust, than re mask, spray a primer, sand, spray color, than wet sand the ENTIRE roof to try and blend the colors together, than clear the whole roof and wet sand and use a 3 stage buff ;) or...

sand the whole thing down to metal, primer the roof paint the roof and than clear it. your choice :) GL

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what grit sandpaper? Wha brand primer/paint? Any recommendations?

Im not planning on practicing my techniques on this car, No trial and error only success.

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
what grit sandpaper? Wha brand primer/paint? Any recommendations?

Im not planning on practicing my techniques on this car, No trial and error only success.
no answers there, nor will i recommend anything:/ ive never done this to a honda or with a water based paint. your best shot is to call a few shops and ask

1 - 10 of 10 Posts