Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have about 23000k miles on my tsx now and i think the front pads are gone. i went to the dealer and they wanted to charge me 220 for just the front pads. i think thats insanely high so if anyone can please give me some info on any aftermarket brake pads that would not cost me so much. thx

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
Hello, and welcome to the Club onequicktsx :wavey:
Noel should be here anytime with an answer for you :thumbsup:

·
Registered
283 Posts
I bought a set of Endless Vita Neouva (spelling is something like that and I don't feel like looking for it :D ) and they work great. Cost me 200 bucks for all four pads. :D

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
That wouldn't include installation ... If I'm not wrong.

Endless brake pads are generally of good quality but if this is a daily car for street use. I'll stick with the OEM pads, I find that they're fairly priced and the quality is good.

Something you need to know is, cheaper than OEM pads will generally also last much lesser and may/not improve braking along with rotor wear.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just had my AXXIS Ultimates [from Cobalt Friction in FL] installed a few days ago and they solved all my brake problems...
they cost $150 for all 4 corners including S&H... andit cost $60 to install them by the tuner around the corner [specializes in Honda/Acura]...
they have a higher coefficient of friction than OE, can withstand temps up to 1000'F...
they have a nice consistent bite hot or cold... the pedal feel is much better...
they inspire a lot of confidence whereas the stock ones just made me nervous???
they are made of kevlar/ceramic & metal... llllll9

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
APOGEE said:
Isn't BEST an opinion?
Yup, sure is.

And I do not recommend anyone using carbon/kevlar/composite brake pads on factory brake setups without anything else for either road or track use.

This topic has been covered.

·
Registered
36 Posts
May I know where is the link about the topic?
I tried to search and no luck, to many results.

I am using Axxis Ultimate and so far so good, the only draw back is that it chewed up on the rotor a bit, I just re-surface when I change the pads, everyting went good.

PS: I heard the new EBC Redstuff is pretty good.

Noel said:
Yup, sure is.

And I do not recommend anyone using carbon/kevlar/composite brake pads on factory brake setups without anything else for either road or track use.

This topic has been covered.

·
Registered
5 Posts
EBC RedStuff old formula had a bad reputation of fading in high temp braking and chew up your rotor.

But they came out w/ new ceramic formula that had good feedbacks.

Axxis Ultimate seems to be a great overall that I've experienced.
It has a very grippy initial braking and great high temp braking.

It's kinda like all around brake pads.
BUT it dusts like a Mofo.. :(
Oh well. It's a trade off..

·
Registered
37 Posts
Cobalt GT-sport, IMO. Better than Porterfield R4s, orders of magnitude better than EBC Greenshit, Better than axxis ultimates, and even better than Ferodo DS2500.

·
Registered
40 Posts
CZ-75 said:
Cobalt GT-sport, IMO. Better than Porterfield R4s, orders of magnitude better than EBC Greenshit, Better than axxis ultimates, and even better than Ferodo DS2500.

I could not have said this better. Cobalt GT-SPort beats Hawk HP+ and Carbotechs as well. One of he few pads I would run given the choice. Way better than Axxis Ultimates in my experience.

I figure if they are all going to dust like crazy I want the one with the most bite followed by the best wear.

·
Non-Registered User
1,441 Posts
I'm running the Hawk Full Ceramic fronts, and carbon ceramic composites in the rear, with powerslot rotors, i got a great deal, brake really good, thou my slots are almost gone, i think i have to go to my 3rd set of rotors soon

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,330 Posts
shesh... 3rd set? damn man.... how many miles one one set cyde?...on average....and is OEM brake pads good on the powerslot? cuz i paid 500 for 4 oem pads... madd rip but my dad insisted... n i think it sucks in breakin... much worse when i first got the car... im thinkin on powerslots and some brand of pads later on...

G

·
Try Repco MetalMasters, now sold as Axxis MetalMaster. Best all around pad in my opinion. Won't kill your rotors and minimal fade. They also work OK when cold though you have to make sure you give yourself an extra 5 feet on the first stop in a cold morning. Once at temp, they are top notch pads, better than stock.

·
Non-Registered User
1,441 Posts
but metalmaster are metalic based? they killed my stock rotors, i have two crack tsx rotors in my garage..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts