Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
huh ? you have a TSX ? and you dont like what you have in the TSX ?????

·
TSX of the Month Winner
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey guy i know there is nothing special about that radio but i was planning on making my tsx into a japan version euro r becuase in japan that is the radio in the euro r. I dont know maybe im just buggin out. hehehhee

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Dude theres about 10 of us that i can think of at the time, Myself Included, who are doing JDM Conversions (attcually starting to bug me out, since I did it to be Unique) , and Everyones still using the Stock Radio, personally I attcually took some Black Electrical Tape, put it over where it says acura, and used a exacto knife to cut it out, belive it or not it looks perfect..., Steering wheel I still havent figured out a way around...but anyway...

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
BTW, where is this radio head unit from? If it's from the US Accord then you can use it after retrofitting it. But if it's from Japan, you'd need to have the frequency type changed to suit the US frequency. Not exactly the best mod if you ask me just to get that "JDM" look.

Memphis, the steering wheel Honda emblem is attached to the SRS airbag assembly. What you need is the Honda SRS airbag instead of the Acura SRS airbag. It bolts-on fine. That's the easiest way to do the steering wheel/Honda emblem conversion.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Noel said:
Memphis, the steering wheel Honda emblem is attached to the SRS airbag assembly. What you need is the Honda SRS airbag instead of the Acura SRS airbag. It bolts-on fine. That's the easiest way to do the steering wheel/Honda emblem conversion.
Yup, but that Also Costs 400$ :tardsmash

Im currently trying to retrofit one of those Aftermarket Honda Badges for the Rear of the civic SI, the red ones w/ the Carbon fiber weave, since its about the same size as the A badge, just need to figure out a way to pull it off

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Red ones with carbon fibre weave? Very rice ... If you ask me.

Euro R Honda emblems are not red filled.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
lol ugh thanks, yeah Im running out of Ideas, It depends how it ends up looking, if its ricey, not happening, but it might look allright... Problem is I cant justify spending 400$ so I can have a H on my Steering wheel

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
the cheap ones was just the initial idea,
These as im sure u know are made by honda for the Civic / Teg Type R... the Civic Type R rear badge is about the same size as the A on our steering wheelreason w/y it has to be colored in is so it fills in all the spots the A did

·
TSX of the Month Winner
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the head unit is from a 2004 honda accord i have seen this head unit on most of the euro r in japan including you Noel thats what gave me the idea to put that radio in my car. I guess i wanted to be different from most of the tsx in new york.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Shadow, first off didnt know ur from NY, gonna have to give u information once we finally organize the Jones Beach Meet this summer... gonna be cool to see another JDM TSX, the Wheels doable but its 400$, which is alot for what u need it for, if u dont mind spending that kinda money, go right a head, Should look Great

·
TSX of the Month Winner
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Damn man $400 for that thing. Thats is crazy. Hey i didnt know you from new york man. When is that jones beach meet. Prob will go check it out.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
june or july, were yet to make definite plans, yeah I just cant weigh it out to myself to pay 400$ to get a H on my Steering wheel instead of a A

·
Registered
157 Posts
Shadowlegs, do you have any pics of the 04 Honda Accord steering wheel?
If it has all the same features minus NAV of the 04 TSX and is a smaller whell
I am defenitely getting it!

shadowlegz said:
also i was thinking about a getting a 2004 honda accord steering wheel and put that in.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Stud, the 04 Coupe is the Identical Wheel to the TSX, just has a H on it, not an A...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts