Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone spending 27000 on this car is nuts. Too muhc money for such a car. Just buy a g 35 or an audi. Well we will see who is insane i guess. Looks like i will just have to find a vw or something

·
Registered
7 Posts
:(
What a slap in the face to loyal Acura/Honda owners! Man, that really stings! As much as I would like to have a TSX, I think I would find myself feeling like a sucker every time I got behind the wheel. The words of that dealer in KC (*******.com)would bounce around in my ego-filled empty head.....

"I think ego wins! We are programed to want the latest and greatest!!

That would sure take most of the pleasure out of the whole process of once again being a new Acura/Honda car owner.

·
Registered
97 Posts
tsx is sweet! i'd give 27 g's for it any dayy...

·
Registered
42 Posts
It will be better if they sell it for $26K max. $27K = $>2K over invoice ----------> What's the justification on that manipulated demand by Acura?

·
Registered
30 Posts
$27K is a little too much. IMO for this car. It would be fine if it had more power or AWD. I love hondas/acura, but damn.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
I agree 27k is a lot.. But by the looks of it I think Acura is trying to move up in class with infiniti,nissan,lexus,others..

If they priced it lower they would not be achieving anything except killing the name of Acura.

What will heppen in a few years is if you dont make $70 year buy a ford or a honda. :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Do you think they really consider the actual cost of the car into their equation of sales/lease, etc.? With the targeted age group of 25-35 yrs. and the trend to lease or pay for the car for as long as the buyer has it, the final cost of the car gets lost in the translation of monthly payments. Acura and the dealers are soley interested in the hash marks in the "customer-signed-on-the-dotted-line" column. The monthly payment buyers probably don't care what the actual cost is either as long as the payments are within their monthly budget. So what percentage of buyers does that leave who are concerned about the final cost? And how large a percent would it take for Acura to take notice?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
c.obryan said:
Do you think they really consider the actual cost of the car into their equation of sales/lease, etc.? With the targeted age group of 25-35 yrs. and the trend to lease or pay for the car for as long as the buyer has it, the final cost of the car gets lost in the translation of monthly payments. Acura and the dealers are soley interested in the hash marks in the "customer-signed-on-the-dotted-line" column. The monthly payment buyers probably don't care what the actual cost is either as long as the payments are within their monthly budget. So what percentage of buyers does that leave who are concerned about the final cost? And how large a percent would it take for Acura to take notice?
i agree..;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts