Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
BUM
Joined
·
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just drove 443 miles on one tank of gas. Not including any long highway cross-state trips. I challenge anyone to beat that!
When I filled up, I put in 15.5 gallons, so there was still some juice left! Although my trip computer only said I had 11 miles to go.
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,086 Posts
MarkPinTx said:
Sauceman can! LOL.
Yeah, I was going to mention good 'ol Sauceman too. He's one of a kind.
In fact, he's more than that -- he's VERY one of a kind. :D
I think he once got like 9000 miles on a tank, no exaggeration. :D :D
He's got it down to a science.

BTW actually I've gotten a little more than what PK said, a couple of times.
Of course I ran out of gas once, but that's another story..... :nervous:
 

·
BUM
Joined
·
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
larchmont said:
Yeah, I was going to mention good 'ol Sauceman too. He's one of a kind.
In fact, he's more than that -- he's VERY one of a kind. :D
I think he once got like 9000 miles on a tank, no exaggeration. :D :D
He's got it down to a science.

BTW actually I've gotten a little more than what PK said, a couple of times.
Of course I ran out of gas once, but that's another story..... :nervous:
So who is this Sauceman and what is his story. Did he add an electric motor and did not exceed 25 mph to hit that 9000 mile mark? I'll have to search his posts.
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,086 Posts
About Kiteboy's post, where the link was edited out: There was considerable discussion of this among the mods, and it was felt that it's not good or appropriate for there to be certain kinds of links on the site. Not everybody necessarily agreed, and I didn't. I've made a big thing for a long time about being against such restrictions, and in fact I felt I couldn't go along with it, to the point that I requested being removed as a mod. (No big deal, I wasn't that hot on it in the first place, as some of you may recall.) I say more about it here:

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=22128#post22128

Anyway, kite, hope you weren't offended. As I understand it, we can make references to whatever we want, but we have to watch the boundaries a bit. For example, Dan Martin seems to have it down pretty well.
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
5,757 Posts
My best was 511 miles in my TSX on June 7, 2004...thats 35MPG @ 14.7 gallons! thats with 30% city and 70% highway.....yay!

My worst was 257 miles and 13.2 gallons back in January.:(
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
8,663 Posts
I actually have all my mileage/gas fillup info all recorded in an excel spreadsheet... I should update it with all my new reciepts :D
But most so far is stilll around 27.x's
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,497 Posts
TSX 'R' US said:
I actually have all my mileage/gas fillup info all recorded in an excel spreadsheet... I should update it with all my new reciepts :D
But most so far is stilll around 27.x's
Well, I watch too much Star Trek, but I would never admit to that! :D :D :D


pk, that's impressive. I come nowhere close to that in my own mileage. I average ~22 mpg, got up to 27mpg after a road trip - that's about my highest :surprised
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Trip Computer?

I don't have a trip computer that tells me how many miles I have to go... did I miss something?

I did in my last car (Explorer Eddie Bauer). I miss that info center... I understand that the new TL has it.
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
8,663 Posts
jcg878 said:
Well, I watch too much Star Trek, but I would never admit to that! :D :D :D
I figure it's easier to have excel do the math for me... :D
Trekkie eh? :thumbsup: :nervous:
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,086 Posts
acuradude said:
I don't have a trip computer that tells me how many miles I have to go... did I miss something?

I did in my last car (Explorer Eddie Bauer). I miss that info center... I understand that the new TL has it.
The TSX Nav system has it. If you get the Nav, you have all this Trip Computer stuff too. If you don't, you don't.

And I'm pretty sure it's the same on the TL. Which means it's not true flat-out that the TL "has it." It does have it if you get the Nav.

Interesting that Acura seems to never emphasize this -- that "Nav" is a lot more than just "Nav."
I guess they figure it wouldn't make a significant difference to buyers, and maybe they're right.
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,086 Posts
jcg878 said:
.....pk, that's impressive. I come nowhere close to that in my own mileage. I average ~22 mpg, got up to 27mpg after a road trip - that's about my highest :surprised
Hey, old pal JCG, aren't you the guy who once took great pains to say about 1000 times in the same post that he drives the #@*&# out of the car? :D

We've noted a number of times (well I have anyway :D ) that the TSX seems to be unusually sensitive to how you drive, in terms of fuel efficiency. I always thought it made maybe.....oh, I dunno, maybe a 10% or 20% difference. It's more like up to 50%. I don't drive any one way, very different ways depending on a lot of things. And I've been flabbergasted to see the difference that it makes in MPG. On comparable routes, I might average in the low 30's.....or in the high teens. Indeed those situations are extreme, but we have a lot of extreme people here. :D

It doesn't take all that much to make the difference between low 20's and high 20's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,497 Posts
larchmont said:
Hey, old pal JCG, aren't you the guy who once took great pains to say about 1000 times in the same post that he drives the #@*&# out of the car? :D
Ummm.. not to my recollection. I'm not easy on it, but I only drive the snot out of it when I get away from NJ :dunno:

I do have a commute that's not conducive to fuel economy, 4 miles one-way to the train station through about 7 lights.
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,086 Posts
Hmmm, probably mistaken identity by me.

It was some time ago, "over there," when we were talking about why to lease rather than buy......
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
8,663 Posts
1 - 20 of 109 Posts
Top