Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking to tune my 05 Acura TSX 6 speed....any ideas on how to do it as I just realize the stock ecu on the 05 tsx manual cannot be retuned or whatever.... if you have a 05 tax manual how did you go about tuning your car with bolt ons...intake, headers, exhaust etc.... thank you ...

·
Registered
Stupid auto..
101 Posts
Reflash or you have to go to a completely new ECU. Saddly there is no way other than changing to an 06+ ECU and getting a flashpro currently. it's like a 1000$ thing. I am currently suffering the same thing. I do have a reflash from a forum member currently tho and it is the best by far. He goes by littlebo. If you can't get a hold of him tho Hondata does a reflash that is okay. It will run the car with all those mods.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reflash or you have to go to a completely new ECU. Saddly there is no way other than changing to an 06+ ECU and getting a flashpro currently. it's like a 1000$ thing. I am currently suffering the same thing. I do have a reflash from a forum member currently tho and it is the best by far. He goes by littlebo. If you can't get a hold of him tho Hondata does a reflash that is okay. It will run the car with all those mods.
can I take out a ecu computer from an 07- or 08. Acura TSX manual and then put it in my 2005 Acura TSX???/??

·
-
1,646 Posts
can I take out a ecu computer from an 07- or 08. Acura TSX manual and then put it in my 2005 Acura TSX???/??

Absolutely.. Nothing to it... :)

All the info is here: Hondata FlashPro TSX 2004-2006 with CAN adapter harness

You will need to buy a rare and expensive 2007-08 MT ECU.
Even if you find a used one, these are now old and questionable quality.
Plus Hondata FlashPro and the Canbus adapter cable.
Plus you need the dealer to configure the immbolizer and RFID keys to the new ECU.

A ton of dollars for very little gain with a mild engine.

As was mentioned, finding Littlebo, who can flash your existing ECU, is a much easier and cheaper choice.

There is the K-tune option but everyone who posts about it mentions issues.

Reactions: IG_datguybilly

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Absolutely.. Nothing to it... :)

All the info is here: Hondata FlashPro TSX 2004-2006 with CAN adapter harness

You will need to buy a rare and expensive 2007-08 MT ECU.
Even if you find a used one, these are now old and questionable quality.
Plus Hondata FlashPro and the Canbus adapter cable.
Plus you need the dealer to configure the immbolizer and RFID keys to the new ECU.

A ton of dollars for very little gain with a mild engine.

As was mentioned, finding Littlebo, who can flash your existing ECU, is a much easier and cheaper choice.

There is the K-tune option but everyone who posts about it mentions issues.
can someone point me too the guy who can tune the 05 mt Acura TSX... little bo? I rather just get mt bolt ons and refglash my ecu on the computer already thanks so much you guys really helped..,,, does anyone have little bo Instagram?? and where is he located im in Connecticut

·
Registered
Stupid auto..
101 Posts
The only reason you would need to go to a flashpro vs just a flash is if you start doing heavy mods like new intake manifold and cams and stuff like that. A header, exhaust, and intake car can run perfectly on a flash.

·
Registered
327 Posts
can someone point me too the guy who can tune the 05 mt Acura TSX... little bo? I rather just get mt bolt ons and refglash my ecu on the computer already thanks so much you guys really helped..,,, does anyone have little bo Instagram?? and where is he located im in Connecticut
He no longer does this reflash service and has been MIA for a while now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts