Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a beautiful 2010 TSX non Nav. My phone, Nexus 6 is NOT on the list of phones on the Acura site. Does that mean there's no workaround? Radio just wouldn't recognize my phone. Any ideas?

·
, Admin, Marketplace
2,147,483,655 Posts
I would say your SOL. I am sure both your radio and phone are looking for each other at the same time ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is the info I found and used successfully. I believe I had radio set on AUX, bluetooth. Took about 10 min and now Nexus 6 (NOT on Acura website list of phones) works.

hit the top button for the handsfree link (HFL) and say "phone set up".
phone set up options are : status/ pair /edit/ delete". Hit the button again and say "pair". The pairing process requires operation of your bluetooth phone. Please make sure you are in park when pairing. Please state a four digit code, note this as you will be asked by your phone to connect. Hit the talk button again and say your code. 1111 is this correct? Hit the button again and say "yes" if it is and then it will say handsfreelink is searching for a new phone please make sure your phone is in discovery mode. It will then search it will show on your phone then you type your code in and it will say a new phone has been found what would you like to name this phone? "name it" Then it will say "name it" has been successfully stored returning to the main menu and you are DONE!

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is the info I found and used successfully. I believe I had radio set on AUX, bluetooth. Took about 10 min and now Nexus 6 (NOT on Acura website list of phones) works.

phone set up options are : status/ pair /edit/ delete". Hit the button again and say "pair". The pairing process requires operation of your bluetooth phone. Please make sure you are in park when pairing. Please state a four digit code, note this as you will be asked by your phone to connect. Hit the talk button again and say your code. 1111 is this correct? Hit the button again and say "yes" if it is and then it will say handsfreelink is searching for a new phone please make sure your phone is in discovery mode. It will then search it will show on your phone then you type your code in and it will say a new phone has been found what would you like to name this phone? "name it" Then it will say "name it" has been successfully stored returning to the main menu and you are DONE!
Bro thank you so much! Mine disconnected a couple months ago and I’ve been using the aux chord since then but I got fed up with it disconnecting constantly. Got my Bluetooth working again so thanks so much!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just got a beautiful 2010 TSX non Nav. My phone, Nexus 6 is NOT on the list of phones on the Acura site. Does that mean there's no workaround? Radio just wouldn't recognize my phone. Any ideas?
My 2011 TSX also does not connect to the internal Bluetooth, Acura told me that’s because of how old the technology is vs new cell phones, such as an iPhone 10XS Max. So I installed Apple CarPlay with rear camera and never have to deal with that problem again. Fortunately, they could install the CarPlay since the tech person told me that if it the TSX came with factory navigation then it wouldn’t be so easy or possible and ten times more expensive. So my suggestion is to find a cheap CarPlay head unit and that will take care of the issue unless you do have the factory installed navigation. Then you will have to find a tech who can work around it.

·
Registered
10 Posts

I was able to eventually connect with my iPhone to the Bluetooth by going through those steps but the connection was awful. No one could hear me clearly and when trying to listen to the call everything was very choppy and distorted. Which is why I just made the decision to install apple CarPlay and now everything works perfectly. The steering wheel buttons are connected to it and my TSX is the sedan 3.5 V6 which came with the factory premium audio, five spoke 18-inch aluminum wheels but no factory navigation. This is my personal experience and Acura did tell me that the Bluetooth in my car is old compared to a 2020 iPhone so it is simply old tech trying to work with brand new tech. I suppose if you have an old blackberry or something from 2011 then I would have to experienced a much better connection.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Bro thank you so much! Mine disconnected a couple months ago and I’ve been using the aux chord since then but I got fed up with it disconnecting constantly. Got my Bluetooth working again so thanks so much!
What type of phone do you have? I am just very curious. Maybe it is just iPhones or phones made after a certain year that will cause the horrible distorted connection that I experienced. I also experienced major delay and loud echoes when successfully connected to the factory Bluetooth. It made everything much more difficult while driving. I had issues disconnecting from it too and when I plugged into the USB port inside the center console it would only came up as “iPod” not “iPhone” CarPlay really made everything ten times better and smoother.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Try plugging it into the USB port in the center console and switch to aux. maybe it will recognize it like that? Again, I also had the same issues but maybe that will work for your phone

·
Registered
1 Posts

Support wireless carplay adapter or not? (U2W Plus) Carlinkit 3.0 Wireless Apple CarPlay Adapter Dongle for Wired CarPlay

1 - 14 of 14 Posts