Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, i've been doing some research on headers for my 2004 M/T TSX but i can't decide which one to get. The $100-$200 ones on ebay seem to be junk, the $300 DC headers have terrible reliability at the flex pipe. Those that replaced the flex pipe still developed problems somehow. And the more expensive ones like Hytech are race headers so they get rid of the Catalytic converter, which i need. So what do you all recommend?

·
The other white meat...
743 Posts
I have the "cheap ass" header from ebay. So far, I have not noticed anything wrong. The flex pipe seems to be holding well. The welds are great. For the money, I believe it's great.

As for the decision on which header, I believe HeelToe did a "Header shoot-out" to compare them. Might check that thread.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm, header shootout? I can't seem to find it on their website or google. Comptech seems like the way to go. Is Heeltoe the only place to get this? How are the gains by the way? I hear the Comptech's don't actually give a lot of gain is this true?

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
Hmm, header shootout? I can't seem to find it on their website or google. Comptech seems like the way to go. Is Heeltoe the only place to get this? How are the gains by the way? I hear the Comptech's don't actually give a lot of gain is this true?
Header shootout did not happen as of yet. I believe heeltoe is doing the intake shootout first.

If you want a lot of gains then you get a race header with a test pipe or without a cat. If you want it to be CARB legal, less noisy, and less smelly, then get comptech.

Are there gains there on a comptech? There sure is.
Can better gains be had with a race header? Hell yes.

You're trying to have best of both worlds and I think you need to figure out your priorities to make your decision easier. Personally, I went with comptech because of the CARB legality. I just wanted something a bit better than stock to compliment the hondata reflash.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Header shootout did not happen as of yet. I believe heeltoe is doing the intake shootout first.

If you want a lot of gains then you get a race header with a test pipe or without a cat. If you want it to be CARB legal, less noisy, and less smelly, then get comptech.

Are there gains there on a comptech? There sure is.
Can better gains be had with a race header? Hell yes.

You're trying to have best of both worlds and I think you need to figure out your priorities to make your decision easier. Personally, I went with comptech because of the CARB legality. I just wanted something a bit better than stock to compliment the hondata reflash.
Thats actually exactly what i'm doing. I did the DIY comptech ice box mod and now i'm looking for a good header to compliment the Hondata reflash that i'm about to get. I definitely want to keep it CARB legal as it would just be too much of a hassle and i don't have an aftermarket exhaust so it'll probably sound kinda raspy. Where did you buy your comptech headers?

·
Let me...help you!
1,335 Posts
Still curious to know where everybody got their Comptech headers!
Just get it from one of the forum vendors, like MrHeelToe (heeltoeauto.com). I believe there might even be a 5% coupon or something, like "tsxrocks".

1 - 13 of 13 Posts