Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2012 TSX with nav, I changed out the original battery (the right degree of difficulty for my skill level). I have the respective PINs for the radio and nav, but am unable to enter them using the 6 preset buttons. The buttons just don't respond to any input. Have tried all the other buttons (scan, search, power, etc.) without success, including holding them down, or in different combinations. The dealer suggests a "main shop diagnosis up to $125 + tax" and I have an appt in a week. Help! Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
On the 1st gen TSX, I believe the correct method is to rotate the volume or power knob until you reach the correct digit then push in the knob to select. Move onto the next digits until the code is complete. Should be similar to the 2nd gen. Worth a shot.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestion. I gave that a shot without success. I guess all these PINs are an "anti-theft" measure, but they're more like "anti-use".

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Solution to entering nav PIN after battery swapout

My local Honda dealer couldn't figure it out (no blame there) and suggested that a software update from the Acura dealer (80 miles away) might be needed. Talked to Acura of Lynnwood, who said no software update is available and suggested disconnecting the battery for a half hour. It worked!

1) Disconnect battery
2) Wait 30 minutes
3) Reconnect battery
4) Hold radio power/volume button down, until ENTER CODE appears on display.
5) Enter 5 digit PIN for radio using presets. The digits don't show on the display while they are entered.

The nav system came back without having to enter the 4 digit nav PIN. Hallelujah!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi...radio codes are entered in by pressing the radio preset buttons 1-6. Ie. if your radio code is 34512, then you will turn on the radio, then press preset buttons 3-4-5-1-2. On each press, the letters for the word "code" will be spelt out on the display, followed by a long beep when you press the last number if you entered it in correctly.

order pcb

1 - 5 of 5 Posts