Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Battery died cause I left my lights on, jumped the car, sat in the car reving the engine a little bit every few minutes, then I tried to rev it up to 5500RPM but right as the needle gets to 4000, the engine sorta limps and I can hear a gentle *thump* near the back of my car, as if it were coming from the exhaust.

It's weird cause when I turned off my car and started it back up, and instantly revved it to high RPMs, it went past 4000 no problem. But when I maintain it at like 2500RPMs for a few seconds, then increase to 5000, it does the same thing again at 4000 and just kinda thumps lightly and I instantly take my foot off the gas.

Car drives just fine though, this only occurs while in neutral and i'm idling. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
It's just a safety neutral limiter. My car has it as well. My question is, does it hold that 4000 rpms when you clutch into first and let the clutch out. Aka possible launch control? :laugh:

·
~t.sdz
1,579 Posts
Try that VSA button. I limited me in the past.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.