Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone check out the latest issue (Oct) of Car and Driver? They do a comparo with the TSX, Subaru Legacy 2.5GT, Volvo S40 T5 and Audi A4 1.8T. Basically, they wanted to compare loaded sport sedans that are less than $30k... which is why they didn't include any BMWs.

Definitely worth checking out.

I'll cut to the chase...

1. TSX
2. S40
3. Legacy GT
4. A4

The TSX wasn't the quickest, most powerful, least expensive or most fuel efficient. It was, however, the quietest (interior noise at idle and at 70mph cruise), and they loved the interior. They also said that it was the most fun to drive and even compared it to the Integra Type R.

The only things they really griped about were the tires (which we've discussed before), the seat cushion not being padded enough, and the throttle being a bit too "zingy"... apparently, they're saying that they needed to slip the clutch a bit to get smooth starts.

·
The Voice of Reason
1,481 Posts
I figured that you must be surfing the net with a 1968 IBM Selectric typewriter, but you're right, the October issue may be on the newsstands but it's not posted on the Car and Driver website, yet.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
bob shiftright said:
I figured that you must be surfing the net with a 1968 IBM Selectric typewriter......
Yes, I was! :D

Thank you Bob!!!

I assume it's OK if I copy/paste the scan on the other thread, since that's where this is being discussed?
(PTB's feel free to delete/move it if you'd like.
In fact of course you can do that any time on anything so I won't way this any more.) :D

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Geez, I guess my thread wasn't good enough for Diesel, so he started another thread on the same topic. :(

In any case, I'd be happy to scan the entire review in and post it here, just wasn't sure everyone wanted it taking up all that space.

Also, they probably won't have it on the C&D website for a while... they usually have it lag a little... otherwise, less people would buy their magazine. :)

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
larchmont said:
Not sure if you're kidding -- just to make sure you know, the other thread was started a week ago.
Oh... heh, heh... didn't realize that. Guess I'm the one who's bad. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts