Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i have an 06 tsx,
I was just driving to work and car drove fine then when I go out for a delivery my car cranks but won't turn over. It's a fairly new battery plus my car has power all electronics are working. When I turn the key it cranks and sounds normal but won't turn over, and when I have it gas it starts but flutters out. A check emissions light came on as well. My oil is low at 20-30% and have 15 miles of gas in my tank. Can anyone lend me some help? I'm flabbergasted w what is wrong!

·
Registered
175 Posts
when u put the key in and turn it to on do you hear the electric noise coming from the back ? if not than it may be the fuel pump, spark plugs or clogged fuel injectors, had a saab 900 se turbo , it would crank it wouldnt start, i sprayed starter fluid in the carburetor and it starts for seconds and it stops. had to change the fuel pump

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No nothing like that, I can floor the gas and it will turn over then flutter off then all these lights come on like the check emission light w vs n charging system what does this mean!?

·
....its fate....
1,276 Posts
My car didnt turn over at one point, it was the crank sensor that had failed.
Have u checked to see if the spark plugs are ok?
As another member suggested, was the car cold upon restarting?

In my case, my car was driving brilliantly the night before but didnt turn over next morning. I thought it was the battery but not the case. Took a few weeks before honda techs found out it was the crank sensor.

·
Registered
71 Posts
My car didnt turn over at one point, it was the crank sensor that had failed.
Have u checked to see if the spark plugs are ok?
As another member suggested, was the car cold upon restarting?

In my case, my car was driving brilliantly the night before but didnt turn over next morning. I thought it was the battery but not the case. Took a few weeks before honda techs found out it was the crank sensor.
so all you had to do was replace the crank sensor, and all was well again? i ask because i am now having this same problem, and was it p/n 37500 raa a01 that you replaced?

·
Registered
874 Posts
Having same issue, not much information on this problem…

** update* after 4 hours.. got new battery, changed oil, swapped the coil packs, checked spark plugs,checked fuses, listened for 3 clicks + fuel pump. Car still doesn't turn on..

Good news is that i got it to finally throw a CEL which is Terrible BUT its a starting point, maybe this might help someone else, i will update tomorrow.

·
-
1,622 Posts
1st I would recommend that you stop cranking the heck out of the engine, you are just burning out the starter.

The tach is moving when you are cranking, the means that the crank sensor is likely fine.

It sounds like it's not getting fuel.
You mention that you have "15 miles of gas in the tank".
If that's true, pour about 5 gallons of gas into the tank.

Several have asked if you can hear the fuel pump run, but you haven't answered. The fuel pump is in fuel tank. If you remove the gas cap, put your ear at the entrance and have someone turn on the key.

Either way, the next step is to connect a fuel pressure gauge to the fuel rail. You should get 35-40 psi, key on, engine off, fuel pump running.

·
Registered
874 Posts
UPdate: car crank no turn could be timing, my timing was off by 90* luckily no damage has been done to my or my mechanics knowledge. to OP, take your valve cover off set the car to the correct timing points and see if its out of time, if so follow the procedure for changing out timing chain. Tensioner, chain ect.

·
Registered
1 Posts
so all you had to do was replace the crank sensor, and all was well again? i ask because i am now having this same problem, and was it p/n 37500 raa a01 that you replaced?

I am currently having the same issue. I’ve changed the crank shaft, the cam shaft and the cam sensor. There are no lights that come on to show an issue. The battery has been charged and the diagnostic does not read any error. Yet, the acura still will not turn on. I am thinking the oil change company caused an issue and are refusing to admit it due to the fact it stopped working after I got an oil change. Have any of you figured out the solution to this situation?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts