Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
FRESNO CA
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone
i have a 1st gen tsx with stock alarm system (still works)
well my issue is when i press my lock or unlock button on my remote it doesn't do anything anymore just the emergency flash just like it did lock or unlock. i know it isn't the remote i changed the battery to a new one and my key-less trunk entry works from the remote. also when i press the automatic lock or unlock from inside the car it will unlock or lock all doors but the driver side. but when the driver side is locked manually (lock is just actually pressed down) all the locks go down and lock. so ive been doing this for the past month now and was wondering if someone encountered the same thing and fixed it!?

im guessing the remote triggers only the driver lock down which when it goes the rest will too? and what ever mechanism that used to pull that lock down is broken or something? ive never opened my door panel and checked anything yet just in case some one here knows how this functions??
any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
thanks in advance everyone

·
Let me...help you!
1,335 Posts
The driver-side door lock actuator is out and needs to be replaced. Your remote sends a signal to that unit. If the unit can't unlock/lock your doors, none of your doors will work remotely.

·
FRESNO CA
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The driver-side door lock actuator is out and needs to be replaced. Your remote sends a signal to that unit. If the unit can't unlock/lock your doors, none of your doors will work remotely.
know where i can find a replacement?
also will i need to re sync the remote to the new actuator?

·
PhisaggiN
1,536 Posts
Can pick one up from the dealer. Its about $26 and no need to reprogram anything.

:fro:

·
PhisaggiN
1,536 Posts
The dealer would probably charge your an hour of labor.

:fro:

·
Bork Bork Bork
3,317 Posts
its so easy, just get a door panel removal tool :)
On paper it is. Reattaching the new actuator was a PITA for me. Perhaps I went about it the wrong way but this procedure was frustrating. Its not that you can't figure out what your suppose to do, its just execution.

If you're not handy or mechanically incline just have the dealer or a mechanic do it. A well seasoned mechanic should only take 20-45min total.

FYI - I just replaced my driver door like a month ago right before I hit 100k miles.

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
On paper it is. Reattaching the new actuator was a PITA for me. Perhaps I went about it the wrong way but this procedure was frustrating. Its not that you can't figure out what your suppose to do, its just execution.

If you're not handy or mechanically incline just have the dealer or a mechanic do it. A well seasoned mechanic should only take 20-45min total.

FYI - I just replaced my driver door like a month ago right before I hit 100k miles.
i have the honda tech service manual that techs use at the dealer (my buddy is a tech) so it was very easy. ill throw up the scans if someone wants them? PM me if you want them cause i dont wanna do the work if no one wants it.

i dont have huge hands but there not small either, i got cut up from it but it only took about 15 min of messing with after the panel was off

DOOR-PANEL-REMOVAL-TOOL - Door Panel Removal Tool (Deluxe) - Generic

you can get this anywhere really. makes it alot easier

·
Registered
14 Posts
i have the honda tech service manual that techs use at the dealer (my buddy is a tech) so it was very easy. ill throw up the scans if someone wants them? PM me if you want them cause i dont wanna do the work if no one wants it.

i dont have huge hands but there not small either, i got cut up from it but it only took about 15 min of messing with after the panel was off

DOOR-PANEL-REMOVAL-TOOL - Door Panel Removal Tool (Deluxe) - Generic

you can get this anywhere really. makes it alot easier
thanks, didn't know about this tool, i guess it makes work easier

1 - 13 of 13 Posts