Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Corrotto
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is your opinion of a car dealership trying to sell a car with 150 miles on it? It's an 05 tsx with nav. It's the colors and all i want, but they said it got the mileage from a dealer trade. what would you if you were in my situation? would you ask for some money off, turn it down and wait or just take it?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
How much are they selling it for? As for dealer trades my TSX had 71 miles on when I got it. The dealer manager drove it around for a week before I bought it. If I were in your situation I would go ahead and buy it, and possibly negotiate the price down a bit, it has the color and options you want.

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
Corrotto said:
What is your opinion of a car dealership trying to sell a car with 150 miles on it? It's an 05 tsx with nav. It's the colors and all i want, but they said it got the mileage from a dealer trade. what would you if you were in my situation? would you ask for some money off, turn it down and wait or just take it?
If it's everything you want...buy it...but you should get at least several hundred dollars off for the additional mileage. What's the price you are getting?

·
Corrotto
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pocketkiller said:
If it's everything you want...buy it...but you should get at least several hundred dollars off for the additional mileage. What's the price you are getting?
i'm getting it for 29,800 after all is said on done out of pocket.

·
Registered
64 Posts
We were in the exact same situation as you about a month ago. Found the exact combination we wanted, but it had 190 miles on it from test drives. We bought it because:

1) it was a difficult combination to find;
2) we needed a car fast since our previous was totalled;
3) Acura is one of the most reliable brands available;
4) it really isn't that much mileage considering I put that much on it in one weekend.

It is a 2005 Red / Black Non-Nav 6MT. We paid $25,650 and got free all-weather mats and trunk tray with minimal haggling.

I'd say go for it and use the "high" mileage to bargain on the price or get whatever accessories you want thrown-in.

In a year or so, you won't care that your TSX has 15,367 miles on it instead of 15,117 miles. But, you will care if you settled for a color / transmission combo that was not your first choice.

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
manavi said:
We were in the exact same situation as you about a month ago. Found the exact combination we wanted, but it had 190 miles on it from test drives. We bought it because:

1) it was a difficult combination to find;
2) we needed a car fast since our previous was totalled;
3) Acura is one of the most reliable brands available;
4) it really isn't that much mileage considering I put that much on it in one weekend.

It is a 2005 Red / Black Non-Nav 6MT. We paid $25,650 and got free all-weather mats and trunk tray with minimal haggling.

I'd say go for it and use the "high" mileage to bargain on the price or get whatever accessories you want thrown-in.

In a year or so, you won't care that your TSX has 15,367 miles on it instead of 15,117 miles. But, you will care if you settled for a color / transmission combo that was not your first choice.
great points...I'm sorry, can you post the price of just the car, without tax or fees etc? Those things can vary based on location.

·
Corrotto
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pocketkiller said:
great points...I'm sorry, can you post the price of just the car, without tax or fees etc? Those things can vary based on location.
around 27,900

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
Corrotto said:
around 27,900
Not bad...but i've seen others for $27,500 and under...27,500 would be good to shoot for especially due to the slightly higher mileage. Don't be concerned about changing your position on the deal...just tell your salesman that you received some information on the TSX you did know before and you can only offer XXX.

But if you are perfectly content with the car you got, and you need the car now, that is a perfectly OK price to pay. If you want to try to save a few hundred more, which will take up more time, and might be more work...then you can.

·
Corrotto
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
pocketkiller said:
Not bad...but i've seen others for $27,500 and under...27,500 would be good to shoot for especially due to the slightly higher mileage. Don't be concerned about changing your position on the deal...just tell your salesman that you received some information on the TSX you did know before and you can only offer XXX.

But if you are perfectly content with the car you got, and you need the car now, that is a perfectly OK price to pay. If you want to try to save a few hundred more, which will take up more time, and might be more work...then you can.
yea, the salesman was totally up front with me and told me i could wait til the end of the month to get one with almost no miles on it, but i like the price they gave me and they've been easy to deal with so i think i'll just take it. I work in sales and know the ins and outs, the guy gave me a good deal and they've been great so far, so i'll test drive the car, check it out, and if i'm please, i'll just take it. maybe try to get them to give me the wind visors for the doors and sunroof, but that's about it.

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
Corrotto said:
yea, the salesman was totally up front with me and told me i could wait til the end of the month to get one with almost no miles on it, but i like the price they gave me and they've been easy to deal with so i think i'll just take it. I work in sales and know the ins and outs, the guy gave me a good deal and they've been great so far, so i'll test drive the car, check it out, and if i'm please, i'll just take it. maybe try to get them to give me the wind visors for the doors and sunroof, but that's about it.
there is also wheel lockis, mud guards, and trunk tray package some people like - and dealers are always willing to throw it in for free. if you park outside, Acura has a nice car cover for TSX as well...just make sure to get some free accessories

·
Registered
18 Posts
I may be in the "too picky" crowd, but I turned down a car that had to be driven to me from 300 miles away in Ohio. That wasn't the only thing. The dealer wanted about $1,500 over invoice. The combination of the two was unacceptable.

If the car had 300 miles on it and was $200 to $300 I would've considered it, but since I put 300 miles on every five days, I wanted the car to be as close to 0-miles as possible.

If it's a deal, and they throws in lots of goodies, (lights, mats, trunk tray) go for it.

Ask for an extra $1 per mile discount!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts