Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I cant believe this happened to me today but here is the story..

I was driving to exchange a car cover i bought listening to 50cents and I came to a 2 way street in kew gardens, Queens. I was driving around 15-20mph on my side of the street the road was curved and cars parked on side so you cant see what’s in front she was going in the middle instead of keeping it on her side and hits me write in my front ****ing up half my sarona front kit, and my driver side fiber glass fender including my headlights and my driver side rims and Axel is broken too.. She only has a scratch with a broken Axel.. My air bags came out as well..

So basically i am not sure yet if my car is totaled or not anyone know if the insurance company will pay the amount close to the cars value? or just make it totaled and pay me the value of the car?

I ran home and took my video camra as this was close by my house so i have it all on video if anyone wants to see.

SO what do you guys think ?

http://www.racingzone.org/images2/maxima4.jpg pic of the car before accident
:(

G

·
I work as an investigator for a law firm that handles a lot of auto accidents, and I settle all of the property damage portions of those files. I'm betting your insurance adjuster will deem your car a total loss. The cost of replacement for your airbags alone will almost double the cost of repairs, given the amount of damage you described.

HOWEVER, if you've got low miles on your car, and the actual cash value (ACV) of the car is high, they may not total it. I'm not trying to talk out of both sides of my mouth, I'm not familiar with what it hot in NYC, is all. If you were in LA, I'd say you had a total. In any case, make sure you get estimates from 2-3 REPUTABLE body shops.

If your car is repairable, DON'T take it to the insurance body shop for repairs...take it to the best body shop you can find (who guarantees their work for the life of your car), and let them haggle with the insurance company over the cost of repairs. You proabably wont get any cash in your pocket, but your repairs will be done right. If you do it this way, the insurance company won't be able to lowball you with their pitiful estimates.

If it's a total...you are still going to need those receipts, and you'll also need receipts for any repairs done on your vehicle within the past year, of course you want to have all your equpment modification receipts as well. Here's the trick, don't send those receipts right away, let them calculate the value of your vehicle, tell them to fax you a copy of the ADP or CCC (both are independant companies who evaluate the car's ACV) evaluation and THEN send in the receipts tand have them re-calculate the ACV. You'll get more money that way.

good luck!

p.s. don't be afraid to fight, and confirm every phone converation in writing.

·
Registered
33 Posts
man. that sux. Actually, I juz have the similar accident too. My advice may not be good, but what I did is that I hire a lawyer to take care of most of the thing. Do you have any injury? If you do, do not tell them in detail about what has happened to you. Usually, like what krassanova said, they will fax or mail you a copy of the ADP/CCC. From then, you can try to "negotitiate" with them. Make sure you fight hard with them!!! Dun be afraid of anything. Good luck!!!!

·
, Moderator Emeritus
454 Posts
awww damn :(
Im so sorry to hear about your poor car, hate people that shouldn't be on the road to begin with
keep us posted on whats happening with your car...
hopefully you didn't sustain any kinda injuries during the collision

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys so far i took it to the shop of the tow truck company i will be contacting a lawyer ones i get the papers.. so far i have slight neck pains will see what heppens..

Other then that i just bought a front clip of another maxima it was supposed to be in the shop today for a conversion.. And it has the axel i need..

Too much damage will be over $7500 in damages and $8900 is cars value can i keep the car even if its totaled?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
454 Posts
im pretty sure you can buy it off of them for the salvage value or something.. i forget the details.. i know my dad did it with my 89 accord, got the money from insurance, kept the car, got it fixed for half of the dough they gave him.. and used the rest for soemthing else :p

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am thinking of fixing it aswell will keep u guys updated thx for all the suggestions.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so far i went to the place where they are keeping my car he said $3100 just to paint and install the new air bags.. I have to get front bumper, side fender,side skirt,air bags,computer,headlights,bumper lights,hood,driver side shocks, and prolly fix the axel... wow almost $9000 all together hope the insurance covers this. oh yea i forgot the rim with tire for $450 more..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts