Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had alternator switched about two days ago.
Yesterday I got home turned off the car and noticed the radio didn't turn off and my phone charger still had power
Now this morning my baterry was completely ****ing drained :(
Any one know what it can be?

Thanks in advance guys

·
Registered
40 Posts
There is a timer that retains power to your accesories after the car is shut off, that timer/relay may have become damaged. As much as it will stink, you may need to disconnect your battery after you shut off the car until you can fix the problem.

·
, Admin, Marketplace
2,147,483,647 Posts
I hope who ever installed it disconnected the battery before replacing it. If not they could has fried something.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is a timer that retains power to your accesories after the car is shut off, that timer/relay may have become damaged. As much as it will stink, you may need to disconnect your battery after you shut off the car until you can fix the problem.
Any part numbers :(

·
iVTEC no koe
1,913 Posts
If his radio is on, I would actually suspect an issue with his key/ignition cylinder. When you take out the key and the car is off, but the radio is on, if you open the door, does it give the door chime sound that indicates your key is still in the ignition?

When the car is off, key out, the only power that stays is the power for windows/sunroof. That power will stay on for a couple mins or until the driver door opens.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nvm found the problem . The remote wire and the power wire were touching in my amp thanks for the help tho

1 - 6 of 6 Posts