Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I have an annoying right pull on my car ever since I bought the car a few months ago. I'm thinking it might be a radial pull and when the tire technician swapped my front tires the pull decreased a little. The tech suggested both four new tires which I could probably use but also suggested I get a rear camber kit for the left side. My TSX is a 2006 so I don't qualify for the TSB. The left camber is only -1.6 and i'm not sure if that could be contributing to the car pulling right. The alignment tech insisted that it does. It's also only mildly out of spec (the normal range is -.5 - -1.5) If I got four new tires would the slight camber difference affect tire wear?

I'm thinking about shelling out $800 for some Michelin MXV4's so I'm trying to decide if putting a camber kit would help with premature tire wear in my case. Thanks!

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
I wouldnt worry too much about it, alot of the pull can be associated with torque steer too.
Negative camber will influence which direction your car will pull as well. Think of negative camber and compare it to a styrofoam cup rolling on its side. Any excessive neg camber on the left of the car will make the car drift to the right. Try cross rotating your tires next time.
If it isnt major and you aren't battling the wheel I would just leave it.

I had the same issue on my old shitty tires. After I cross rotated them I hooked to the left.
With my new tires I pull ever so slightly to the right, but its so minor and Im never battling the wheel. Since I'm lowered I do get slighty torque steer when I accelerate quickly.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You have a 06, so you really shouldn't be having rear camber issues. If their alignment machine is correct, then you should be looking at a damage part somewhere in the left rear, most likely the control arm. You can either get a camber kit for the rear or find out what part is damaged. (I suspect it's the control arm).

The 04-05 had rear right camber issue but fixed with the updated rear control arm. I had my done (out of warranty) and it was within alignment spec after getting the updated part.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.