Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(2005 Acura TSX Auto) My steering wheel has been pulling the car to the left when braking under certain circumstances, it also pulls left on the highway when driving at faster speeds.

I finally decided to take it to my local Acura dealer this weekend. They suggested a tire alignment, and installing the rear camber adjusting kit. I had those 2 things done and the car is still pulling left when braking and driving on the highway.

They also suggested a rear brake caliper slide service because the rear wheel is dragging on the driver's rear brake service ($150.00). I've already spent a good amount of money on the other services and wanted to get some of your opinions before getting any more work done. One thing they mentioned was that the power steering pump was remanufactured oem, although I don't think that has anything to do with my current issue.

I recently bought the car and want to make sure everything is working properly. Thank you in advance for your help.

·
Registered
211 Posts
The first thing I would do is to jack the car up and spin each wheel to see if there is any drag. Which would mean you have a stuck caliper. Next, have someone step on the brakes and spin each wheel again. If you have one that spins, then you can go on from there. Might be a clogged brake line, etc..

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
880 Posts
how old or many miles is your car ? i replaced both front calipers with rebuild ones around 130k

I bought from Centric Semi-loaded, from auto parts warehouse, they take core and rebuild them. I recommend them if you are replacing them. there are always coupons online from auto parts warehouse so you can get them for cheap.

ELECTRONIC CATALOG - LOOKUP BY APPLICATION

they have loaded and semi loaded, ie if you want brake pads with them..

·
Un-Civil Engineer
2,205 Posts
I had my right rear caliper sticking recently. I just unbolted the caliper and cleaned up everything. I also made sure to apply a generous amount of anti-sieze compound on the slider pins. I lubricated the slide areas with a grease made for disc brakes that I got from Autozone. It took care of the issue, costing me about $10.00 plus my time.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I had my right rear caliper sticking recently. I just unbolted the caliper and cleaned up everything. I also made sure to apply a generous amount of anti-sieze compound on the slider pins. I lubricated the slide areas with a grease made for disc brakes that I got from Autozone. It took care of the issue, costing me about $10.00 plus my time.

Good luck!
Agreed. Also if you personally haven't bled the brakes to make sure the fluid is clean, you might want to do that too. If the fluid is green, has air, or isn't new it needs to be changed.

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update

I brought my car back to acura and they removed all the calipers and oiled them down. I also had my tires rotated. The problem still persists and it seems to now pull right when coming to a stop (the steering wheel jerks to the right).

I told the dealer i was unhappy they gave the car back without the problem fixed. They said they would look at it for free since I was unhappy. They suggested it could be my power steering pump. It was an oem remanufactured one that was put on my car before i bought it. i only have 56k on it. They are going to pressure test it on Saturday.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,037 Posts
It was wandering to the left before, they rotated the tires, and now its going to the right?

Maybe your tires are worn unevenly and now you've sent the bad ones to the other side.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts