Acura TSX Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
ekjose, still got the OEM axles, I guess i could check to see if the length is exactly the same or not.

vehicle596, so what's the brand of the axles you got?

There are from International Autoparts. They are cheap chinese brand axles that are complete junk. Im either going with raxxles or getting some used oem axles. Only problem is that I dont have my original oem axles so raxxles will probably not be worth it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I also have the same problem from 20mph-30mph after installing EMPI's. Both my mechanic and an Acura dealership said that my rims were bent. My mechanic lifted the car and rolled the front tires and the wheels were slightly wobbly. Can anyone confirm that my issue is with bent rims and not bad aftermarket axles?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I've recently done tire rotation and the low speed vibration seems to have decreased (although still noticeable).
However, if it's a bent rim issue it should shake equally with OEM and EMPI axles. Has the dealer commented on that? Are OEM axles supposed to have bent-rim compensators lol?

·
Registered
518 Posts
I also have the same problem from 20mph-30mph after installing EMPI's. Both my mechanic and an Acura dealership said that my rims were bent. My mechanic lifted the car and rolled the front tires and the wheels were slightly wobbly. Can anyone confirm that my issue is with bent rims and not bad aftermarket axles?
Did the car shake before the installation of the axles? If the rims were bent enough for you to feel it then you would of noticed it before putting the axles on.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well, before my axle change, low speed acceleration was fine. It was actually very smooth under 50mph but I had a very bad vibration from 50mph-60mph.

But then, when I got the axles changed, the 50-60mph vibration went away but a 20-30mph one developed. Also, my clutch started making weird friction/thump noises and Acura said it was my pressure plate. But all of this only happened after I switched to the EMPI axles. I'm still trying to figure it out..

·
Registered
127 Posts
Well, before my axle change, low speed acceleration was fine. It was actually very smooth under 50mph but I had a very bad vibration from 50mph-60mph.
So that's what I'm saying - if the problem was bent rims, it would shake the same with OEM axles too. A sure way to check would be to put the OEMs back on and see if the low-speed vibrations go away (that is if you kept them).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Intermediate Shaft Bearing

They may have replaced the Axles, and the Intermediate shaft, but did they replace the Intermediate Shaft Bearing? Acura calls it a "Bearing, Halfshaft" with part number: 91057-SR3-008

From what I can tell this part seems to wear out prematurely due to over-exposure to heat from the factory exhaust manifold and down pipe, and is often overlooked when replacing CV Axles.

-Morgan

·
Registered
52 Posts
i had this exact problem for over a year. i put three different sets on aftermarket axles in it( 2 different brands too) and still had "the shake". almost replaced the intermediate shaft and almost went to the extent of taking the tranny out and checking all the bearings inside but i just decided to deal with it. i recently found a set of used OEM axles with 60k on them, my car has 140k. put those in and the shake is gone! I've never been so happy in my life its now a pleasure to drive my car again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I've been dealing with this problem for about a month now and its getting really aggravating. A while back i noticed my cv boots were both torn so I decided to get my axles replaced. After taking it to a shop and getting them replaced the car started to shake at about 20 mph and went away after 30mph, but then again after 60mph +. So i figured they were bad axles and took them back to the shop to have them replaced again. So the shop "supposedly" changed the axles again, but when I got the car back, it was the same problem. So third time i bring it back and demand they replace them again because it has to be the axles. So third times a charm right, wrong! They even said they took it to an acura dealer down the street and the dealer said it shakes due to it being lowered. BTW i am on tein basics for suspension mods, nothing else. I had the car inspected for balanced wheels, bought new tires, and even had someone check out all other suspension components with nothing wrong. Now can someone please give me some insight, because if the car wasnt shaking prior to bringing into that shop and now it does wouldnt it have to be axles.
Did you ever figure out what was the issue? I seem to be having the same problem after I replaced my driver side axle because of a torn boot

21 - 29 of 29 Posts