Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So very unfortunately I hit thus huge pothole yesterday and it felt so violent when it occurred. I didn't notice anything wrong with the car right away, but I decided to take a close look at my front driver side tire (the pothole victim) for the first time. I noticed the car sits a bit lower on that tire compared to the passenger side. Should I be concerned that this may have to do with the pothole? Have no idea if it was already like that before...

Thanks

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Does it have less air in it? Is that what you mean by "lower on that tire"

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Pics maybe. But also make sure you are not parked on any sort of incline to one side too

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
722 Posts
if you didnt know.

in stock form on standard suspension or lowering springs the tsx sits lower on one side than the other.

ie. in stock form the one side will have a 4 finger gap while the other has a 5.

why? i have no idea! used to do my head in untill i got coilovers.

so that might be what your seing if you didnt already notice it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
if you didnt know.

in stock form on standard suspension or lowering springs the tsx sits lower on one side than the other.

ie. in stock form the one side will have a 4 finger gap while the other has a 5.

why? i have no idea! used to do my head in untill i got coilovers.

so that might be what your seing if you didnt already notice it.
Seen a lot of cars like this from the factory, not sure why, could be variances somewhere but its not enough to notice it while driving.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Seen a lot of cars like this from the factory, not sure why, could be variances somewhere but its not enough to notice it while driving.
yea not really sure myself as to why this is the case.

on our ukdm tsx's the drivers side is lower. which is your passenger side.

which to me has always seemed odd. if it was to compensate for passenger weight then the drivers side should be higher.

a strange one. you would think both sides would be equal.

this has also made me think if you get the car corner weighted are you still going to end up with one side higher than the other?

we all go around lowering ours on coilovers and getting the gap either side exactly the same. but how does this affect the handling if its desinged to actually be higher on one side?

???? just things i think about in my head while im day dreaming about my car haha :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.