Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Update- just got a call from the body shop that is fixing my car (WTF is he writing about?). They expect that I will be able to pick it up next Monday or Tuesday!!! :rollsmile: Man I miss that car :'( The increased amount of time I've been spending here only makes its absence that much harder to bear.

So, anyone have tips on what I should check out before taking it back? I have been told by others that the time to dispute anything is now, before taking it back. The work is guaranteed by the insurance company for life (so they say).

On a broader note, I haven't decided what the car's future is with us. Do I want to hold onto this devalued potential maintanence nightmare?? Not sure if it would be more expensive to ditch it now and take the loss of value, or hold onto it and hope for the best.

Either way, I'm excited that it's finally close to being mine again. And I've only had to make two payments while it's been gone :eek:
:woot:

jcg, who just learned that it's illegal to run out of gas on the autobahn

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
That's good news...it's been a while. I'm not exactly sure what to check... :donno:
But good to hear you're gonna get your car back soon.

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
I would keep it until until it's closing in on 40k miles, then you can sell the problem to somebody else, while they still have the security of 10k mile warranty.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Glad to see you got it back, and so soon really considering the amount of damage which was done! I would check out the quality of the repair before I made a decision, if you are not happy with the work and there is rattles where there never was before, then trade it on a new TSX !

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
Good news...hang in there! :)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
make sure the body panels all line up right

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
Great news JCG!!!
Joker - who is keeping his fingers crossed that everything has been fixed just right :)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
tony4311 said:
make sure the body panels all line up right
Yes. Besides what Tony is saying, I think all we can say is, drive it and try to be sensitive to everything, just like when you're first test-driving a car. And, I guess we have to say, watch out extra for any rattles. :nervous:

About whether it pays for you to keep this "devalued" car, not to beat a dead horse, but......(ever notice how whenever someone says "not to....." they go ahead and do exactly that) :donno: not to beat a dead horse, but, the car is whatever it is. If it's devalued, that will affect how much you'd get back for it if you traded it in, exactly equally to whatever extent it affects how much value/goodness it would have for you as its owner.

It's a complicated situation, but I think it reduces to something very simple: Just see how the car is, and if it drives and behaves like a car that you can be happy with right now, keep it. If not, don't. I don't think that any finer or deeper analysis will do you any more good.

Please let us know how it is!

Larchmont, who forgot that last month was when JCG was getting married and thought he stopped posting because he was pissed about the car.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
larchmont said:
Larchmont, who forgot that last month was when JCG was getting married and thought he stopped posting because he was pissed about the car.
I think it was a combination of the two, since I dropped off in posting pre-wedding. The loss of my car was a definite stressor that I probably could have shrugged off under other circumstances, but not before 'the day'! I didn't realize just how much stress that wedding was until it was over :phew: :eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts