Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've had my TSX for 5 months now and still can' get little pieces of rubber/plastic off of it. The stuff used to ship the car. Any ideas??

Anyone have any problems with their driver's side windows??

·
Chemical User
19 Posts
You might want to try a solvent or alcohol like methylated spirits.
Just soak a rag in the shite and try to dissolve it off. Dont ruin your paintwork though, have some water handy.

If that don't work, you can drink it and then you won't really care about the bits of rubber/plastic!

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
Oxygene said:
If that don't work, you can drink it and then you won't really care about the bits of rubber/plastic!
:squint: :laugh:
Edit - looks like we have another one to fix Ray ;)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
DAR56 said:
i've had my TSX for 5 months now and still can' get little pieces of rubber/plastic off of it. The stuff used to ship the car. Any ideas??

Anyone have any problems with their driver's side windows??
Can you be more specific? The exterior white protective sheets should have been removed by the dealer, along with all the chrome threshold plate protectors and similar inside the car.

Define driver's side window problem?

·
Just a little nutty
664 Posts
hip said:
Can you be more specific? The exterior white protective sheets should have been removed by the dealer, along with all the chrome threshold plate protectors and similar inside the car.

Define driver's side window problem?
I think he's describing thin layer of clear (not white) protective film that covers the body. It's supposed to be removed by the dealer but sometimes they miss a spot or two.
http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1393

I found that the protective film can be easily removed by gently rolling it off with my fingers. The hard part is detecting the film in the first place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts