Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased this car from a previous owner several months ago. Car runs pretty fine on a regular basis. When it snowed a few months ago i had my first problem due to the car not being able to start. I had the battery jumpstarted and the ignition came on right away. All was great until it snowed again and same thing. Required another jump start. I also may want to add that I have several electronic accessories applied to the vehicle such as a wireless phone charger , bluetooth system and a dashcam that is creating an additional load when trying to start perhaps? I know the battery isn't functioning at 100% efficiency in very cold weather. So I wanted to get you guys input if you have had any similar conflicts with a vehicle with the same layout. Was thinking of purchasing a new battery with higher CCA's , but my searches only came up with 500 CCA max which is what I currently have. My vehicle is a 2006 TSX.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey, I used to have this issue a lot too in cold weather. My battery was bad and I got an optima yellow top. Great for handling extra load from accessories, and it handled a 1400 watt sub system I used to have (killed the alternator though lol). Also be weary of a failing starter, I dont know what mileage you have. But both me and my cousin's starters went out at 115k and 135k miles. A bad starter and a bad battery can give off similar symptoms. But try a new battery first.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Go get the battery tested. Tests aren't always 100% tho but battery is where I'd start or like mentioned the starter can cause problems as well, although if jumped and it starts right up I'm thinking battery only

·
Registered
341 Posts
Do a parasitic drain test.

My car always have starting issues in cold weather. Bluetooth module seems to be a common culprit on these cars even though it works fine.

I end up disconnecting the bluetooth HFL module and upsize the battery. Those accessories should be minimal load, hopefully they are wired right too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, I used to have this issue a lot too in cold weather. My battery was bad and I got an optima yellow top. Great for handling extra load from accessories, and it handled a 1400 watt sub system I used to have (killed the alternator though lol). Also be weary of a failing starter, I dont know what mileage you have. But both me and my cousin's starters went out at 115k and 135k miles. A bad starter and a bad battery can give off similar symptoms. But try a new battery first.

Would you expand the failing car starter a bit more? I had a car starter installed into my car when it was newer and it gave out at 130,000 miles. Now I'm having issues with my car starting in the cold 10 degrees (seems battery related), is there a correlation between the car starter and the battery? I'm turning on my car manually with the regular key.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts