Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Car won't start when it hasn't been turned on for at least 2 days. I put in a brand new OEM battery a few months ago. The temperature past two days were not even that cold (northern NJ).

I tried starting it with my remote starter to avoid the battery dying but was too late.

When I try to start the car, the engine won't even turn over. All the interior lights in the speedometer just started clicking rapidly.

What could the issue be? Alternator, starter?? When I went to get the battery installed, he did the full diagnostic and said the starter and alternator was fine.

The car is 2005 with 61K miles.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
77 Posts
check the battery terminals. if its corroded and covered in acid then just take a wire brush to it. if its really bad you might wanna get some solvents (water and baking soda mix should work too).

·
Registered
32 Posts
A cell in the battery could of failed prematurely. I seen it happen alot before. Try putting a different battery in and see what happens.

Maybe something In the car is causing a parasitic drain on your charging system.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A cell in the battery could of failed prematurely. I seen it happen alot before. Try putting a different battery in and see what happens.

Maybe something In the car is causing a parasitic drain on your charging system.
This is actually the 2nd battery. First one was a new interstate battery.

How can I find the cause of the parasitic drain?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

Car won't start when it hasn't been turned on for at least 2 days. I put in a brand new OEM battery a few months ago. The temperature past two days were not even that cold (northern NJ).

I tried starting it with my remote starter to avoid the battery dying but was too late.

When I try to start the car, the engine won't even turn over. All the interior lights in the speedometer just started clicking rapidly.

What could the issue be? Alternator, starter?? When I went to get the battery installed, he did the full diagnostic and said the starter and alternator was fine.

The car is 2005 with 61K miles.

Any ideas?
I am having the same issues with my car, including the flicker and a relatively new battery (1 year); were you able to find a solution?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts