Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys looking for a carbon fiber air intake tube. Does any1 make it? I don't mind getting a whole system or a carbon intake tube + k&n filter.

thanks

·
Alliance!
1,776 Posts
Mugen does. Expensive it is.

·
Alliance!
1,776 Posts
That one is just for looks, no true benefit from the CF.

·
Registered
976 Posts
^^^ It looks like a muffler with carbon fiber on it!

·
Alliance!
1,776 Posts
:laugh: Now that you point it out!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol that one does look like those fake carbon fibre exhausts for those pocket bikes. I was really going for the look more though. How about carbon wrap? Would it hold up or the engine heat might destroy it?? Anyone know how tough they are.

Do you have a pic of the power chamber one installed.. its a good price. Any better/worse than the k/n or Injen or pretty much the same thing?

·
Alliance!
1,776 Posts
Carbon Fiber is pretty tough and holds up against heat. You could wrap your own if you wanted to. Laying carbon fiber is easy.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah i might just get a generic black pipe, wrap it in carbon and get a k/n filter.

J's is decent looking but why the hell is it $900+ does J personally come and rail you in ur ass with every purchase? B/c paying $900 for an intake id feel pretty shafted :donno:

·
-
1,593 Posts

·
PhisaggiN
1,536 Posts
yeah i might just get a generic black pipe, wrap it in carbon and get a k/n filter.

J's is decent looking but why the hell is it $900+ does J personally come and rail you in ur ass with every purchase? B/c paying $900 for an intake id feel pretty shafted :donno:
I don't think Id ever buy a Js Racing product if he came to my house and bent me over. Ill pass.

:fro:

·
, Administrator, TOTM Coordinator
6,858 Posts
Supposedly CT Engineering is making a new Icebox made out of carbon fiber, I'm not too sure what happen to that.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts