Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received the cargo net. I ordered it thinking it is easy to install but after reading the instructions I realized that it is too complicated for me. What would a dealer charge me for the installation, does anyone have any idea? Bought my TSX a couple of weeks ago.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just called the dealer's service department, the guy on the phone quoted $125 to install the cargo net? That is crazy. I may have to return the net. I'm not paying that much to install a cargo net.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never mind that idiot from the service department. I called the salesman that sold me the vehicle and he told me that he would install it for free.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw that the installation requires drilling some holes, I just don't have the nerve to drill holes in a 2 week old car. I saw that the amp needs to be loosened and moved to a side to install the net, that is something I don't want to do.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I took the car to the dealer and he doesn't have a clue have to install it. The only one he has seen is the one Acura dealerships sell. Admits that he's never seen it and it looks complicated, so he tells me to take it to the service department and they will give me an estimate. So I take the car there and they tell me that they don't install any after market parts? I saw the dealer talking to them before the service guy came out to talk to me. Not sure if the dealer talking to the service people helped or did the opposite from help.

So I put the cargo net in a package and sent it back to the seller for a refund. It sucks.

·
未来へと
2,253 Posts

·
未来へと
2,253 Posts
its the right one, the nets that requires drilling are for 04-08, the 09+ doesn't require drilling.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I saw that the installation requires drilling some holes, I just don't have the nerve to drill holes in a 2 week old car. I saw that the amp needs to be loosened and moved to a side to install the net, that is something I don't want to do.
I assumed this was a 2012. Sorry.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sounds like you didn't get the Acura Cargo nets. They apparently install to the clips in the car (ie no drilling). Why would you buy anything else?

Acura TSX Accessories - Genuine Factory Acura Accessories
The cargo net on this website that you posted is exactly what I bought from another website. I wish that the website that I bought it from had the installation instructions posted, cause it would have spared me of dealing with the whole process and shipping cost to return the net. All the websites are selling only the (advanced) cargo net that I bought.

http://www.handa-accessories.com/tsx/10net.pdf

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ya I'm confused at why you bought something that would require drilling?
The website that I bought it from didn't post the installation instructions and I assumed that it would be an easy install.

Even worse, the net came with useless instructions on just one page that don't really explain how to install it. I had to research the net to find the step-by-step instructions.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Do what I did in this pic, ever since I found out that it required drilling a hole I said no way so I hope this helps.
Well, it is neat that you improvised. I thought about it, but decided to return the net since I was mad at the whole treatment at Acura dealership and the ridiculous installation process.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What confuses me is that the official Acura website shows the exact same cargo net that I bought somewhere else. How can the dealer claim that he's never seen a net like mine if it's the same one that they sell. And the dealership service acted as if I bought a non-Acura net that they don't want to touch?

Acura online store : 2012 TSX ADVANCE CARGO NET

That is the same picture that you will see on any website that sells the Acura cargo net.

·
未来へと
2,253 Posts
That's the thing about dealership, you would think they know everything since they work there, but honestly most of them don't know what they're talking about or have no knowledge of the pieces they sell. Maybe the supervisors aren't teaching them anything or take the time to learn the products.

Maybe you could use something else, I've been thinking of buying a little container to hold some stuff since I don't carry much and just use a velcro so it doesn't move around.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts