Acura TSX Forum banner

Carmusic built in

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  jvillefinest 
#1 ·
Well, I want to make my subs and amps look good in my trunk.
But I don't got any inspiration.

Now it's just a simple subenclosure with the amps behind it:

Do you guys got a nice install?

Post them!

See less See more
#2 ·
There was a seller by the name of customboxman on ebay who used to make custom boxes for the TSX. I sent him an email couple weeks ago to ask if he could make a custom box to my liking and he said yes but he doesn't seem to have any items for sale anymore. Found this other guy,

Acura TSX 2009 Up Custom Subwoofer Enclosure Sub Box | eBay

These custom boxes make the install look cleaner but not sure how the sound quality would change. Maybe you can ask him if he could custom make a box for dual square subs. Should be the same price.

#5 ·
Check out my build thread. Should be putting the finishing touches on today or tomorrow and then more pics.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#7 ·
Thats because your working with squares in a trunk with curves lol.

What ultimately do you want from your trunk? And don't say-i want it cool.

Do you want a show piece? Do you want fully functional trunk with sound? Do you want to use fiberglass or just wood? Also do you have all the equipment you are going to use?

#11 ·
I would say something as simple as a façade panel that just fills in the gaps around the sub box would work great.
I would permanently mount the sub box centered then use some cardboard to make a template to fill in the opening.
Transfer the template onto MDF, wrap in carpet and boom you’re done.
You could also do the same on the back side to mount your amps that way when you drop the back seats the amps are on a panel, easy to access, and it has that finished look as opposed to amps screwed into a prefab box.

#9 ·
I always start with measuring and then start drawing. It took me months to figure out how I wanted it to look and function.

#12 ·
That's a good simple easy cheap idea for a custom look

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.