1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I went but missed the crash.... when one of the organizer drove by he signaled someone flipped, everyone started running to the track.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Damn that's nutts, I hope that guy was okay. And what was that hay stack doing there? :squint:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Driver was okay, just a few scratches apparently.

Not to say it had to do with experience but just another reason i stopped tracking there, too many novices out there trying to prove something but when under pressure stuff like this is bound to happen. No real regulations on experience or points system like the well organized circuit competitions out there.

Also, not the smartest thing to get out of your car to pull out the person from the rolled over car - most likely you are just going to hurt them more or break whats not already broken, best to just wait for the medics.

Circuit area needs so much more attention there if they want it to not punch a black eye to the scene, things such as actual marshalls, appropriate safety measures around the track and outside the track, the list just goes on...

·
, Moderator Emeritus
4,486 Posts
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lPpdN-8zC9U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,037 Posts
Yeah I was there too... wasnt tracking thought just there for the "show & shine".

Apparently the car belonged to the driver's friend's dad who was out of the country.

·
Registered
227 Posts
that NUTS, hay stacks are there to help keep damage to ones car to a minimum in the event they understeer and head straight into the wall but in this case it just flipped the car cause it looked like the driver was going a little too fast and was on the gas and most likely understeering and just hit the hay stack on the end just right to flip the car

·
Registered
972 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
I shoulda asked him how much for his volks ce's
Lol. Or the kid's friend's dad or brother - however the story goes.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Man I would hate to be the guy breaking the news to the friend's father who's not even in the country. Not going to be a swell father's day.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
4,486 Posts
Man I would hate to be the guy breaking the news to the friend's father who's not even in the country. Not going to be a swell father's day.
Guy is from TSC. Just came back from vacation. He lent the car to his brother to install a skidplate. I guess they didnt go that far to install it yet. The 93 JDM WRX is written off and already working on another one to rebuild.

·
The other white meat...
743 Posts
Does this go on the driver's record?
I don't know how Canada does it but depending on the state's laws, there are no rules against you wrecking on a race track. It's considered "recreational".

Sucks for the car though. I love that type of Subbies.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Does this go on the driver's record?
Even if it doesn't go on the driver's abstract, I have a tough time believing that insurance would cover the costs incurred with the total loss.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Goes under the vehicle's insurance policy as an at fault accident if he choose to claim it. If a police report is not done it won't go under his driver's abstract.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts