101 - 116 of 116 Posts

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Some outside completed pictures

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​

My two favorite Honda's back in the garage.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

·
J-Spec
331 Posts
Wing looks cool, but that angle will have a lot of downforce at speed. Might want to relax it a bit.
Also, I recommend SS304 for the brackets. A lot less expensive than Titanium and easier to work with.
Most sheet metal fab shops keep 304 on hand as it's fairly popular.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #105

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Wing looks cool, but that angle will have a lot of downforce at speed. Might want to relax it a bit.
Also, I recommend SS304 for the brackets. A lot less expensive than Titanium and easier to work with.
Most sheet metal fab shops keep 304 on hand as it's fairly popular.
Yeah the angle was set to the steapest while it was transported. I have already dialed it back two settings. The front now only sits about 1.5in lower than the rear. Will take some more pictures when I get the trunk wrapped hopefully in the next week or two.

Good information on the brackets I will look into that.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
You got a house then an NSX. I thought your spare cash went into the house now a days.
Most of it does. I still try and keep a little available for the car hobby. The NSX deal popped up cause a buddy of mine that I never thought would see it decided to so I jumped on the deal.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Glad to see some of your time and money is going to the car hobbies. Where do you store the cars? I take it your daily drivers dont get the garage?
Yeah sadly the CTS-V Wagon has been religated to the driveway storage since October when I picked up the NSX. It sits outside with the Tahoe and my girlfriends TSX. Right now the plan is to start storing the my TSX at my dad's place soon for the next year so I can put the Wagon back in the garage on a daily basis as I need that car to last for a lot of years with the NSX payment now. So I don't want it always living outside.

I will also be looking into getting a 4 post storage lift for my garage but still 50/50 on that because I would need to put it in a location that would really only allow me to use it for car work on one side of the car at a time as I would need to push it basically against the garage wall on the other side. Going to get some quotes but it would most likely take some saving for it this year plus some of my bonus or tax refund next year till I could make that a reality. It would be nice to fit all 3 in the garage though. Going to get some quotes in the next month or so though to see if a lift is even a possibility in my garage.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
So I had wrapped the trunk in red camo because it had all sorts of scratches on it I didn't want to deal with. Being my first time doing vinyl wrapping it didn't come out perfect. I also ended up not digging it as much as I thought. It was a test to see if I would carry it to other parts of the car. Long term it is still in the plans as I want to carry the red/white of the wheels into an accent theme on the rest of the car.

So to get the car ready for a friends show it meant it was time to try and get as many of the scratches I could out of the trunk.

Picked some wet sanding paper

The shop that removed my Spoon spoiler from this trunk must have used a nylon pry bar or something

Time to get going

Round 1

Final compounding and polish. The compound wouldn't get out all the sanding scratches out the first time so I went back over it and this time in addition to the 2000 grit also did 3000 before compounding.

Only 2-3 worst marks still remained and you really have to look for them to even spot them. Otherwise, it looks like glass.

I also sanded down the mounting brackets from some of the surface rust that had built up from the previous owner and gave them several coats of satin black Rustoleum.

It was super dark out when I finally finished all of this

First thing next morning (I left the H badge off and put a custom decal a friend made as a tribute to a great friend and huge innovator in the car schene that passed away last month)

The TSX and NSX together before rolling out to my buddies show Tuner Evolution Charlotte

At the show

Just like this shot for some reason

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
Wetsanding came out really good! Did you use a DA after sanding with your compounds? Both cars look amazing as always.
Yes I used a DA with meguire's m105 compound and an orange pad, then megurie's m205 on a white pad, followed by griot's garage machine polish 3 on a white pad.

Thank you

101 - 116 of 116 Posts