Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to upgrade the sound system as so many others out there. I'm wondering if anybody here has attempted or has experience with the CDT M6+/ES-06 drivers in the TSX. I'm not even sure if these drivers would fit in the doors or not with a 3+" mounting depth? I've read in several places that the M6+ does best in a small sealed enclosure, but I'm hoping to find out if anyone has tried mounting them in their doors or rear deck and what your impressions were?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I have no personal experience w CDT but I have never heard anything bad about them. I do know they will fit because my focal 165k2p are over 3in deep and fit in front doors, although I don't think they will fit in the rear doors.

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, I assumed it would from what I've read about the speakers some others have put in their doors.. My goal is excellent extension without utitilizing a sub or modifications so with that in mind, the CDT caught my eye with its high Xmax and freq range.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Sounds like a great plan. The problem is going to be the execution. Unlike in a home where all the variables can be accounted for, in a car they can't be (road noise engine, tires, other vehicles etc). With that in mind, even with the greatest speaker ever made, its going to be hard to get great extension out of an infinite baffle like a door. A good car setup has always been (simply stated) door speakers for mid and highs and a sub for the bass. It's not impossible to do it the way your wanting just very hard and improbable that the outcome will be favorable.

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies, I do completely understand that I won't be greating very high SPL in low frequencies. I am a very big HOME audio enthusiast and have done alot of testing with different drivers/cabinets in both LF's MF's and HF's. I have little experience with car audio other than I replaced the speakers and HU in my 03 Mazda 6, but that was much simpler because I wasn't using the stock head unit. I appreciate the info though, it's helpful.

I've done alot of reading around here on people explaining how to wire in an aftermarket amp to power the front 6 speakers while keeping the stock HU and steering wheel controls. (I am thinking I would just bypass the 6X9's in the rear deck for now.) But did not quite have all my questions answered and some left me confused. I have a McIntosh MC420M that I am hoping to use, what do I need in order to accomplish this setup = Stock HU+aftermarket amp for door speakers+tweeters ??

Thanks

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
You need to tap into the wiring coming out of the pioneer amp. It's behind the " not an ashtray" cubbie. Pull the upper cubbie hole and then pull the plastics around the shifter exposing the screws to the bottom cubbie. Remove those, pull the lower cubbie and it will expose the amp.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.