Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to upgrade the sound system as so many others out there. I'm wondering if anybody here has attempted or has experience with the CDT M6+/ES-06 drivers in the TSX. I'm not even sure if these drivers would fit in the doors or not with a 3+" mounting depth? I've read in several places that the M6+ does best in a small sealed enclosure, but I'm hoping to find out if anyone has tried mounting them in their doors or rear deck and what your impressions were?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, I assumed it would from what I've read about the speakers some others have put in their doors.. My goal is excellent extension without utitilizing a sub or modifications so with that in mind, the CDT caught my eye with its high Xmax and freq range.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies, I do completely understand that I won't be greating very high SPL in low frequencies. I am a very big HOME audio enthusiast and have done alot of testing with different drivers/cabinets in both LF's MF's and HF's. I have little experience with car audio other than I replaced the speakers and HU in my 03 Mazda 6, but that was much simpler because I wasn't using the stock head unit. I appreciate the info though, it's helpful.

I've done alot of reading around here on people explaining how to wire in an aftermarket amp to power the front 6 speakers while keeping the stock HU and steering wheel controls. (I am thinking I would just bypass the 6X9's in the rear deck for now.) But did not quite have all my questions answered and some left me confused. I have a McIntosh MC420M that I am hoping to use, what do I need in order to accomplish this setup = Stock HU+aftermarket amp for door speakers+tweeters ??

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.