Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I been running a straight pipe all the way from the header to the muffler. For the first 3-4 months I had no problem with the CEL light and running on 91 octane fuel.

Recently about 3 months ago the CEL would turn on after about 2 days of minimal driving and I would reset the ECU. I decided to run octane booster in combination with 91 octane and it seems to have done the trick. Only thing I recommend is not running all the way down to Empty, the CEL will turn on again. I fill up at about 1/3 tank every time and it has worked for the past month.

This could be worthless information but is worth a shot for people experiencing the same issue.

·
Slow but turns
2,961 Posts
i had the same CEL problem, but it was because it was too cold outside, now that its averaging 30s, i no longer get the CEL.... not to say your method wont work, but the recent warm up in the weather probably caused your CEL to not come on anymore. but definitely something ill give a try next year indeed IF my CEL ever comes back on

·
, Moderator, Performance
2,513 Posts
it really has nothing to do with when or what you fill up with. it has to do with the style of driving you do, when you get low on gas you prob tend to be lighter on the gas causing steadier afr numbers which allows the o2 sensor to get a reading and throw a code. if i beat the crap outta my car i wont get a code but the second i start driving with a eco foot the cel comes on

1 - 4 of 4 Posts