Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i've had my '04 tsx for almost 4 years now. I'm currently at 99xxx miles and just recently my cel has come on while I was driving and I noticed that the VSA turns off as well. My main concern with this problem is that I noticed the car starts to jerk as if it is going to stall while i'm cruising at 70+ mph. While the car feels as if it is going to stall the rpm needle bounces slightly so for instance it might jump between 3,000 rpms and 2,800 rpms for a split second while the car jerks

My tsx is an everyday driver and don't have any aftermarket parts on it yet. A quick temporary fix I found is to pull over turn the car off then back on to reset the VSA. That usually allows me to get my vtec going again. When the VSA turns off it feels as though the car only uses 2 cylinders to drive when accelerating all the way to 6th gear. Basically no vtec kicking in and I can do about 10 mph in 1st gear before having to shift to 2nd gear and so forth.

I have little car knowledge besides spark plugs and oil changes...I changed the spark plugs about 3,000 miles ago to see if that were the problem but that didnt seem to fix it. Regular oil changes on scheduled times, I dont ever race it so I doubt it could be the clutch or tranny. Anybody have any ideas on what it could be? I'd like to go into the shop knowing what it is so i'm not getting bent over by the shop just to give me an analysis of whats wrong with my car. Please help!!!

·
TSX of the Month Winner
920 Posts
Check the O2 sensor on your intake...I installed mine wrong when I installed my injen intake (i know you have stock parts, but im just making a note of this because i had the same problem) and my CEL light would turn on and VSA shut off as well

·
iVTEC no koe
1,913 Posts
If you can pull the code, it still might be stored. That way you will know where to start looking.

My guess is the throttle position sensor/throttle body related error.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Check the O2 sensor on your intake...I installed mine wrong when I installed my injen intake (i know you have stock parts, but im just making a note of this because i had the same problem) and my CEL light would turn on and VSA shut off as well
It's not an called an o2 sensors, It's an air flow sensor. But you are right, take a look at it and see if it's fully pluged into the boot.

Check your air filter and make sure that's clean.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
920 Posts
It's not an called an o2 sensors, It's an air flow sensor. But you are right, take a look at it and see if it's fully pluged into the boot.

Check your air filter and make sure that's clean.
Thanks for the correction. O2 sensor is near the Cat, correct?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah that definitely sounds like the same problem i'm having...since i'm out of my extended warranty anyone know how much replacing the app sensor will be? thanks a bunch guys i'll make sure to keep everyone updated once i fix it to help out the next person who ends up with this problem

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.