Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, my center console light is out & also the airbag light come out once a while. So anyone have it fixed in GTA? dealer or Indy? How much it cost?

·
iVTEC no koe
1,913 Posts
Center console, you can DIY (there was a thread here about replacing some resistors), or just buy a used console 06+ to swap right in.

Airbag light, I would guess it's the driver side seatbelt buckle, ($67 from USA). You can test (with about 90% accuracy) by getting in your car, buckle up, then start the car. Confirm no Airbag light, unbuckle, check for the No Seatbelt light and Airbag light.

Seatbelt is relatively easy to swap out, disconnect battery, wait 5mins, unbolt 4 bolts holding seat to car (14mm if I recall), disconnect the wire harness(es). Remove the 1 bolt holding the seatbelt buckle, and the harness along with it, reverse to install.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, ordered it and is on its way now. So am I need to take out the seat completely? Or I can just move the seat all the way to the front?

·
iVTEC no koe
1,913 Posts
Thanks, ordered it and is on its way now. So am I need to take out the seat completely? Or I can just move the seat all the way to the front?
It can be done without taking out the seat, but make sure you have a wrench or ratchet that can fit in there AND have enough room when the bolt comes out.

One thing to be careful is (if you do it without taking the seat out), is that the seatbelt buckle has a notch in the bracket, that positions it correctly on the seat frame, within a hole. Tighten the bolt slowly to make sure this notch lines up with the hole.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It can be done without taking out the seat, but make sure you have a wrench or ratchet that can fit in there AND have enough room when the bolt comes out.

One thing to be careful is (if you do it without taking the seat out), is that the seatbelt buckle has a notch in the bracket, that positions it correctly on the seat frame, within a hole. Tighten the bolt slowly to make sure this notch lines up with the hole.
Did that before? want to give me a hand? :p

·
iVTEC no koe
1,913 Posts
I just did it like 2-3 weeks ago. If you need help, let me know (PM'd you my contact info), but it is definitely WAY easier to take out the seat. Besides, taking out the seat is easy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.