Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Vancouver, B.C.
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so here is what happened.. i went to my friend's place n we went together to rent some dvd.. watched the dvd at his place.

when i was about to go home, i turned the ignition on n turned on the light (small one), the center console lights was NOT ON. i was like that's weird.. then i turned the ignition off, turned it back on, n what happened next was that there was NO more 6 beeping sounds, n the lights were still OUT. i gotta drive in the dark.. all the way home w/ only the speedometer lights that's on.

now the first thing im gonna do tomorrow morning is call the dealership up n tell them about this. does anyone ever experienced this? what happened? how long would it take to fix it?

thanx a lot for the explanations, guys..

·
Non-Registered User
1,441 Posts
hold the "aux" botton down for like 30 seconds that might reset it?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
3,158 Posts
Cyde said:
hold the "aux" botton down for like 30 seconds that might reset it?
if that does not work...

then this is a known problem for the tsxs

even if 1 led is busted, they will replace the whole consol for u :)
i m waiting for that to happy actually hehe

·
, Moderator Emeritus
3,158 Posts
nope
i m waiting!

as long it's within my wnty pariod i m good haha

·
助手席乗員
2,128 Posts
it happened to me once....i took it back to the dealer...
itz just the radio's problem...they changed the CD player + radio for me..
actually itz the same unit tho...hee :gapteeth:
the dealer said few TSX had this problem already
so most likely ur dealer would change the whole audio unit for u too...

·
JDM > Mugen
324 Posts
last time my cd player didn't want to play track#4 on all the cds
and they replaced the cd deck for me...
guess TSX's cd deck is not very good
lol

·
Vancouver, B.C.
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanx for the input guys.. so yeah, i went to the dealer today (lights were out yesterday) and after the technician saw what happened, they ordered a new radio.. like, the whole thing eh.. pretty nice. the lights that are out includes the clock, audio, and air conditioner.. but the blue LED below that is still on.. as well as the green lights inside the front small compartment.

oh larchmont.. yes as soon as i discovered what happened yesterday, i did a research and i've read ur thread, and actually put down the part number too. well anyways, they said it's gonna be a week approximately for the part to arrive, and i'll do a 3rd service along. hope this won't make any noise like urs at the first time lol..

i'll keep u guys posted. have a great evening..

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Yeah, good luck with it! I imagine that Acura service has gotten pretty good with this fix, since the problem is so common.

I don't think anybody else had any rattle come on after the fix (or at least not too many -- maybe there was one other).

·
Registered
294 Posts
quite funnby because my console was replaced 2 days ago for the same problem, from the clock down to the airconditioning all lights were gone. they replaced the whole thing and my battery becuase it was draining quick. im a day fresh with the new console, works good, i reinstalled my mp3 player today

·
Vancouver, B.C.
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nice nice.. from what i read the other day in ur forum, larchmont.. there's one guy who got a better radio.. hope i'll get that too, LOL..

anyways.. this is day 3.. let's see how fast they can be :)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
I guess you mean on that other thread.....
BTW.....what radio was that? (Don't remember, I guess my brain cells are deteriorating!) :tard:

P.S. Do you mean this post? http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14336&highlight=radio#post14336

By tsxdoc: "....the display on my new radio is just slightly smaller than the old one and is surrounded by black plastic. Not on the outiside, that is smooth, but on the inside the LCD display is slightly smaller. I also noticed that when playing CDs, the LCD display shows "Disc" and "Track" above the numbers. My old one didn't do this. So, they have somewhat changed the radio since my car was built last June...."

·
Vancouver, B.C.
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yea yea.. it's this thread.. haha.. umm, now i began to think if the replacement radio really is 'better' or not lol..

day 4.. still got no news from the dealer..

·
助手席乗員
2,128 Posts
just let u know...i dun need to wait last time..
when i took my car to the dealer...the dealer knew the problem immediately..
so they made an appointment for me and ordered a new radio immediately..

·
Non-Registered User
1,441 Posts
is it possible since they are replacing the whole center console, to pay extra and get the Navi unit while they are at it

1 - 20 of 36 Posts