Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried searching and couldn't fully find all the info I was looking for. Is there any DIY, video or info on removing the center console and doing a parking brake adjustment. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanx.

·
Registered
227 Posts
just the cup holders and you will access to the parking brake cable, but why do you to adjust the parking brake anyway? shouldnt it be self adjusting because they the rear calipers for the parking brake

·
Registered
227 Posts
are the calipers actually doing anything when you pull the hand brake? i had one seized caliper on the rear and it wasnt moving when i applied the parking brake so the car would always roll, did rear pads, rotors and both rear calipers to fix the prob, my rear brakes were also worn out so that i replaced everything, if you replace one caliper you should replace the other too for even braking pressure

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So upon further investigation...it seems that one of my ebrake cables is stuck. I guess I have to change the cable itself. Here's a pic of what it looks like:

And under the center console:

Any DIY on changinging this cable?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.