Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Turned on car last weekend and noticed that the heating-airconditioning and radio lights were out on my 2004 CG 6MT 20k. The heater-airconditioner and radio, themselves, function perfectly. You just can't see the settings.

Well, they're not completely out. If you squint hard with the sun shining on them you can see them lurking there, but unlit.

My dealer says this problem is not uncommon in TSX's but I have not seen it posted in any forum.

Anyone else ever have this problem?

(By the way, the dealer ordered a part and I will have to take it in next week for the fix)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
theres a few threads about this, unfortinutly its a rather common problem at this point, the'll fix it under warrenty, no charge to u

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks for the link, Larchmont.

Like some other posters, when they fix the console lights I'm having them do the sliding seat and tail light harness recall.

Although annoying, I'm taking it all in stride. I wonder if the European and Austrailian Accords have the same problems as our 2004 TSX's.

Interestingly, when I asked the service person if there was anything else I should be prepared for or if there were any TSB's on the TSX, he replied that there were many but he refused to devulge any saying they're on a need to know basis and I would have to come in with a specific problem before telling me! Didn't feel like arguing or carrying that conversation any further.

Also, when I asked the service rep if he went to TSX forums on the net, he immediately told me to pay no attention to them, that no-one on the forums knew what they were talking about. I just said to him that he was wrong, that my experience with my car was similar to what I read on the forums. His response was that he deals directly with the cars every day and should know better.

Whatever.

What do you members say? I've had the doors done; the sliding seat, trunk light recall, and center console lights will be done next week; thank goodness my windshield seems OK. Anything else I should be on the lookout for?

Miner: Thanks for reminding me to take the CD's out.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
themsthebrakes said:
......when I asked the service rep if he went to TSX forums on the net, he immediately told me to pay no attention to them, that no-one on the forums knew what they were talking about.....
jerk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Called dealer today and parts are in. Will take a loaner from Monday eve to Tuesday eve. The whole center console (non nav) will be replaced.

I asked service rep if I could have the center console replaced with one that had an XM radio in it for an additional charge. He politely, but emphatically said no because the center console harness is completely different and Honda would not entertain such a swap (with a part that was not keyed into the VIN number of the vehicle). Said it would void my warrantee.

Oh, well. I thought I would try anyhow.

·
The Voice of Reason
1,481 Posts
larchmont said:
OT but I'm installing the backup sensors in my wife's new Oddity and went to my local Honda dealer to order the replacement trim pieces for the ones I broke (this is fairly typical). I had even looked up the the Official Honda part numbers, and brought the broken parts with me.

Soooooo the parts guy looks it up and says he needs the upholstery code (I don't have the car with me). I look over and see it comes in 3 (three) colors. Olive, black or ivory.

These morons can't tell the difference between olive, black and ivory by looking at the part????

I left.

So I ordered the pieces from my usual Honda parts source, which is in Buffalo NY it took 1/2 the time and it was still cheaper even with shipping than from my local dealer, even for a small order.

How do these people manage to stay in business????

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
bob shiftright said:
OT but I'm installing the backup sensors in my wife's new Oddity and went to my local Honda dealer to order the replacement trim pieces for the ones I broke (this is fairly typical). I had even looked up the the Official Honda part numbers, and brought the broken parts with me.

Soooooo the parts guy looks it up and says he needs the upholstery code (I don't have the car with me). I look over and see it comes in 3 (three) colors. Olive, black or ivory.

These morons can't tell the difference between olive, black and ivory by looking at the part????

I left.

So I ordered the pieces from my usual Honda parts source, which is in Buffalo NY it took 1/2 the time and it was still cheaper even with shipping than from my local dealer, even for a small order.

How do these people manage to stay in business????
Role reversal: First time it took Bob 100 words to say what I had said in 1 word. :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update: They fixed (replaced) the center console, did the trunk recall, and fixed the sliding front seat today. Everything seems fine.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
themsthebrakes said:
Update: They fixed (replaced) the center console, did the trunk recall, and fixed the sliding front seat today. Everything seems fine.
Sounds darn good!
Hope it stays that way!

Not too much doubt about the center console, but if it was me, I'd be a little skittish about how it might go with the sliding front seat.
Come to think of it, I don't think I've noticed how it's been with anybody who had that fix!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts