Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am an extreme novice at maintaining a vehicle, but I want to try to gain experience doing what I can with little to no help.

I do not have a Chilton's manual because I simply can't find one in auto parts stores or the local libraries for an '05 TSX. I was hoping to get a little help here in the meantime while I try to track one down.

Can anyone "show" me how to access the engine air filter? is it the black box on the front left of the engine compartment (as you face the engine from the front of the vehicle)? If that is not it, I would appreciate someone pointing the right direction

Thanks

Javier

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
3,260 Posts

^^^
Not sure whos tsx this is. If its yours and you would like me to remove it then PM me.

That box. Unscrew then change filter. Make sure you unscrew just the top part. Don't unscrew the whole thing out. It's like changing a battery on an electronic. Take the top off and swap the filter.

·
(: Daniel :)
3,224 Posts
Hey man, we all start somewhere so don't worry. A word of advice though is to try some searches as probably 99.9% of your questions will have been well covered. I knew nothing about the TSX when I first got it but had some car knowledge, this forum was a great resource to really help get a feel for our car. I'm not too active anymore but I'm sure it still remains as such. That being said, if you do make a lot of threads that have been covered or answered then you will get flamed. /lecture lol, just wanted to give you some tips.

You are in the right ballpark though, the compartment right behind the battery is the airbox where your filter is located. Undo the 4 bolts and use some force to pop up the lid some and you can pull out the filter. Replace with the new air filter and then put back screws. May take some time when you first do it but only a few mins it's easy and once you get used to it it's like a 30 second job.

DIY/FAQ Main Menu is a great resource for a lot of maintenance/DIY's with detailed pics and explanations.

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/488086-post.html

GL and welcome to the club!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts