Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question bout the Cat on 04-05 i know stock has 900 cell and i mostly do city/daily driving, is it worth it to switch out to any HFC of <300 cell or even 06 oem cat?

where exactly are the gains in changing out the cat to a higher flowing cat? would low end torque benefit ? thanks guys!

·
Bardi
1,346 Posts
I doubt you will feel anything in the low end with the 06 cat. The top end super minor. The aftermarket cats are not for daily driving if you ask me. The sound and smell they put out is likely desirable, plus dont kill the ozone for 2 hp. If I had the choice between the two I would get the 06+.

Did you know you can get $130+ for your used 04 cat? There are a few people that buy then and resell them on the forums.

·
, Administrator, TOTM Coordinator
6,858 Posts
I've personally done this mod myself and you can barely feel the difference but you know it's there hah, but if your looking for a nice oem upgrade this is a awesome choice and or picking up a tl throttle body. That is if you are a 04-05 of course.

But if your looking for a bang for your buck upgrade no data reflash all the way..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.