Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently while I was driving the VSA check light and the emissions check light went on. The car also jerked sometime. It is a 2006 with 67000mile automatic TSX. sometimes there is no power when the accelerator is stepped on the car. . If the car is turned of for a couple seconds then turned on again, everything is fine for about 3 min of driving before the above occurs again. I have not taken it to the dealer as of yet, sometimes the light come off too. any idea's on what the problem may be?

·
Registered
55 Posts
P0780 is shift control system error
P1734 is shift control system: shift solenoid valve B or C stuck

if you are into DIY can you give any description of how the car drives? at R N D D3... like rough shifting in which gears of D?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
for the first a few minutes about 3 to 5 minutes, the car can drive with on problem. after that, i can feel it jerked a bit. and then later, sometimes there is no power when the accelerator is stepped on the car, but the engine make an accelerating likely sound. then i loosen the accelerator and tried to step back on it slowly again, it can accelerate again. then whenever i can not accelerating, i loosen it and try it slowly again. .. then later, the D4 light start flashing. when i get home, i shifted to R to reverse it, it wouldnt work. and I turned my car off and restart it again, everything works fine again.. then i test drive it again, same problem happen again....
thank you. i dont think i can diy it. just try to understand it better and dont want to get ripped..

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
I'd say bring it to a transmission shop or a mechanic you trust and has knowledge. I'd avoid the dealers with this problem. Sounds costly if they do it. I had my transmission rebuilt in my 01 Acura CL a few years back and that cost me $3,500. Hopefully that doesn't happen to you. Doesn't seem like a known problem with TSX's. If it is the transmission, it's probably cheaper to find a used tranny.

·
Registered
55 Posts
erh, you can find out what those solenoid valves are (B and C), which are likely the culprits and then just hire a mechanic for labor with your parts (if you are not a DIY Person). Low ATF can also be part of the issue. Diagnosing is a science and those codes mean something. Its too soon to think that you need an entire new transmission.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
went to two transmision stores today, one said it will cost 1700-2200 to fix it.. one said it need to take the transmission off to see what happen and find out how much it cost. minimun is 450 to take the transmission off and 3200 max. if i decide to fix it, the 450 will transfer to the labor cost.. i dont know what to do now, i guess i will do the 1700-2200 one..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
can you tell me where are those solenoid valves located? thank you .. i jacked up my car today, the transmission leak a bit..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts