Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
n/a
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this light recently came up when I was driving on the freeway. The check emission system. I looked at the drivers manual so I guess I'll have to take it into the dealership... Is this anything to worry about? Will they cover it under warranty?

·
That's Doctor
231 Posts
Yes, they will likely cover it under warranty. In fact, because you're in Cali, most of the emissions equipment has an extended warranty beyond the standard powertrain warranty.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Glitch??? theyre just BS ing you so they wont have to spend any money on repairs and replacement...
Wouldn't doubt that entirely lol. But yeah, if everythings good now then I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Freeway slow, stop and go, following truck that was letting out bad fumes. My "CHECK EMISSION SYSTEM" light came on. I BELIEVE that the systems tweaked the warning BECAUSE of the truck fumes. I BET my car does not need to go for dealership review. IS MY GUESS probable? Will the warning go off by itself if I do not drive for a few days? Is there a way to "reset" the deal, like turn the warning off ... and have it go on again if my car is actually in trouble. Thanks for any answers.

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
Check emissions system is a fancy way of stating you have a check engine light related t emissions. (Funny thing is my only cel came for a slow response on a ect sensor, which isn't emissions related but threw an check emissions light lol)

Just get a code reader or go to autozone (free). Let them pull the code

1 - 11 of 11 Posts