Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My emissions light came on several weeks back, mechanic said it had something to do with thermostat but it went off before i got it fixed. Then a few weeks later it came on again so I replaced thermostat, 1 day later it came on again, any thoughts would be appreciated, mechanic seems stumped.

·
Registered
237 Posts
DTCs are Diagnostic Trouble Codes, those are what you scan for.

Odd that the CEL is on without any codes. Might try taking it to a dealer, some codes can only be read by dealer software, not generic scan tools. But I thought anything that turns on the CEL would be readable by a generic OBDII scanner... the regulatory requirement for OBDII was to make it easy to keep cars from polluting.

Any dealer-only codes should be for things like accessories... radio, navi, HVAC, stuff like that.

A bad cat would be noticed either because you failed an emissions test (worn out cat) or you have a loss of power (cat coming apart internally). If you suspect a bad cat, you can get a smog test done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.