Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
straight (father) hood!
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Thursday as I was driving home from work, the engine symbol and VSA lights came on. Then on the MID, I get a message that states, "Check Emissions System". I could feel the car struggling whenever I would accelerate. At a stop light, I put the gear (AUTO) into neutral and the RPM went to about 1500-2000 RPM, higher than when I'm in D.

I got home and shut down my car. About half an hour later, I started her up again. She hesistated a little bit but started. The VSA no longer went on but the engine symbol and "Check Emissions System" message is still there. I no longer had the high RPM's at neutral.

On Friday, the engine light and Check Emissions System message remained on all day. I didn't have any hesitation problems both when starting the car or while driving. Get home from work and park the car. I leave the car parked the rest of the weekend because I go out of town.

I come back and try to start the car but she won't start. It struggles and then eventually goes to the clicking. I'm not able to jumpstart because I can't find my jumper cables and it's also raining.

Anyone ever had this problem or anything similar? I read about the ECT sensor and was curious to see if that might be the issue. Any help is appreciated

Reactions: [email protected]

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
I had no drivability concerns, nor did my VSA light ever come on with my ect2 sensor issue. Only problem was that my temp gauge would go up due to a finicky sensor. Otherwise, car was 100% normal.

I would suggest you pull the code.

·
straight (father) hood!
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks din9lebeRrY. I don't have a code reader so I'll have to try to jumpstart it first to take it to the dealer. I wonder if it's a transmission issue?

·
straight (father) hood!
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I did a search on this forum for the "check emissions system" message, the relevant threads mentioned the ect2 sensor issue.

·
straight (father) hood!
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ken I have a OBD tool to pull code. just FYI LMK
Thanks Damon. I jumpstarted the car last night and it started. The Check Emissions System light was still on while I was driving around for about 30 minutes. This morning, I started the car and the Check Emissions System light was gone. If it comes back on, I'll hit you up to get the code.

Also, to the others who responded, the symptoms I mentioned only happened the first day. After I got home, shut off the car and restarted it, I no longer had the symptoms, just the check emissions systems light.

I asked if this was a transmission problem because on my old accord, I had the same symptoms and it ended up being the transmission.

·
straight (father) hood!
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anyone in the walnut/diamond bar/Rowland heights area want to help me figure out what's wrong with my car? It wouldn't start again this morning. I jumped it on Monday night and it started fine on Tuesday morning. Tuesday night it wouldn't start so I had to jump it again. This morning it wouldn't start. I replaced the battery less than two years ago

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks Damon. I jumpstarted the car last night and it started. The Check Emissions System light was still on while I was driving around for about 30 minutes. This morning, I started the car and the Check Emissions System light was gone. If it comes back on, I'll hit you up to get the code.

Also, to the others who responded, the symptoms I mentioned only happened the first day. After I got home, shut off the car and restarted it, I no longer had the symptoms, just the check emissions systems light.

I asked if this was a transmission problem because on my old accord, I had the same symptoms and it ended up being the transmission.
Your gas cap seal could be bad. My emission light comes on if my gas cap isn't tightened properly

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anyone in the walnut/diamond bar/Rowland heights area want to help me figure out what's wrong with my car? It wouldn't start again this morning. I jumped it on Monday night and it started fine on Tuesday morning. Tuesday night it wouldn't start so I had to jump it again. This morning it wouldn't start. I replaced the battery less than two years ago
I know this is an old message from 2012 but I’m wondering if you figured it out . I ran into the same issue and had to change the starter for the check engine emission light to come off. Now I’m having an issue with the car not wanting to turn off when I take out the key. Now my car won’t start at all when it hesitated to start it definitely sounded like the fuel was no going thru so I’m gonna have to change the fuel pump.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts