Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I just bought my first TSX in October and I love the car. Recently, accelerating my car while cutting someone off or getting on the highway, a light comes on when I pass a certain rpm. The light that comes on is check oil level. So I took in to the local Acura dealer and they couldn't find out anything and put some oil to test it out. The light comes back on after the service team "fixed" it. So I took in on two Fridays ago and they called me on Monday stating the pistons aren't taking the oil and it needs to be replaced. Has this happened to anyone and I am thinking of either making the dealership give me a new car or give me my money back and going to another car company. Please let me know if this has happened before?

Thanks!!

Car info:
2012 TSX 4cl
13,000 miles
Bought pre owned at 10k miles. Car was a loaner for the service team.

·
( o)( o)
964 Posts
Hello all, I just bought my first TSX in October and I love the car. Recently, accelerating my car while cutting someone off or getting on the highway, a light comes on when I pass a certain rpm. The light that comes on is check oil level. So I took in to the local Acura dealer and they couldn't find out anything and put some oil to test it out. The light comes back on after the service team "fixed" it. So I took in on two Fridays ago and they called me on Monday stating the pistons aren't taking the oil and it needs to be replaced. Has this happened to anyone and I am thinking of either making the dealership give me a new car or give me my money back and going to another car company. Please let me know if this has happened before?

Thanks!!

Car info:
2012 TSX 4cl
13,000 miles
Bought pre owned at 10k miles. Car was a loaner for the service team.
What i highlighted in red... needs elaborated upon... because the description does not make sense... you need to get it in writing from them. A quote of what needs done and all items being replace/repaired

Are they?:
-replacing the engine?
-replacing the pistons (4 of them)?
-replacing the oil pump?

Best wishes with whatever happens... sounds like it's a fluke... or the sensor is just bad on the car (that could be it too). Very odd if the car only has 13k mi. on it and it has an issue to this extent.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks CL9 Jon,

I just spoke the tech team at the local Acura dealer. They stated that basically the piston of the engine were basically clogged and they weren't getting the oil sensor. They are replacing the all pistons. They stated it wasn't from my driving as I rarely go over speed and they have never received a car this new that does this, cross my fingers that Acura handles this issue good.

·
( o)( o)
964 Posts
Thanks CL9 Jon,

I just spoke the tech team at the local Acura dealer. They stated that basically the piston of the engine were basically clogged and they weren't getting the oil sensor. They are replacing the all pistons. They stated it wasn't from my driving as I rarely go over speed and they have never received a car this new that does this, cross my fingers that Acura handles this issue good.
What I highlighted in red, still doesn't make sense... have them write up a quote with a description of the symptoms and corrective actions w/ all parts being replaced/repaird. Have them email/fax that to you.

If the pistons aren't getting oil, that's a problem with the oiling system, not the pistons (pistons' being "clogged", never have heard of that). Theres more at work there than the pistons...

If the pistions aren't getting oil... the cylinder walls of the engine are most likely scorred... meaning the engine needs completely disassemble and taken to a machine shop to have the clylinder walls honed/bored... and if that's the case, there's most likely metal in you motor. All bearings have to be assumed to be bad at that point and need to be replaced.

You really need to keep track of every communication:
-notes
-time of communication
-have everything in writing if possible

IMO... you need to have the car Lemon-law'd if they are replacing piston at 13k mi... that will show up on your Car Fax and resale value will plummet...

Bottom line... you need more information!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jon,

So I just spoke to the tech at acura. He stated now that the piston rings needed to be changed because of the oil wasn't being stopped. I spoke to my personal mechican in Texas and they stated that the engine is now going to be classified as rebuilt as the engine has been open. I think I am going to go w the lemon law clause with my lawyer now as a rebuilt engine even done by acura is still bad.

What do you think?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.