Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am frequently having a "Check TPMS System" error come up on my 2008 TSX. It drives me crazy for a day or two and then it goes away. The owner's manual says the system is off. There is no button to turn it off and then it comes back to life eventually. If it was a dead fuse it would not stop until I replaced the fuse but it corrects itself and behaves for a while until it decides to come back alive. When this occurs I punch enough buttons on my steering wheel to see the individual tire pressures and they are all "--". It isn't like one tire is low. I think it is the head module that the sensors on the wheels communicate with somehow loses power. Any suggestions?

· Registered
6 Posts
Apparently the TPSM is like any other sensor, it may be faulty and just needs replacing. Your car should tell you which wheel it is.
With temperature fluctuations in different areas nowadays, it can throw it off.
I recommend buying those circular tire pressure gauge to make sure its suppose to be at the correct psi, it usually will show a TPMS screen if the psi is too low. Too high it wont pop up.
Start from the cheaper option and get the pressure gauge before resulting to buy a new tpms.

· Registered
2008 auto TSX CGP
636 Posts
Try to locate the main module and disconnect it to see if the issue remains the same. If so then it's likely that your module needs replacing.

edit: To clarify, try to replicate the issue of how your TPMS acts when you believe it "loses power".

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is very intermittent but that is a good suggestion. I have no idea where the main module for it is located. I assume under the dash board but that is a pretty big jungle under there. Does anyone have an idea where to look?

· Registered
101 Posts
Good luck... I have a 2008 and I've been battling this issue going on 4yrs. I've replaced the initiators, sensors and the control modules with no success. Finally scanned the car and received the 5 codes. 4 of them indicating that my sensors have failed trying to register and the other code letting me know that there is some interference causing the issue. Disconnected my dashcam, car charger, Blind spot detection system and the issue remains. Don't know what else to do. Wish you better luck than me.

· Registered
2007 Acura TSX A/T
74 Posts
I had a similar issue when I got my tires changed at a shop when I had my stock wheels, along with replacing the TPMS. While driving after a week from the installation, I would get a "CHECK TPMS SYSTEM" error and had the "--" pressures on all corners. But a couple of days later it fixed itself and shows all pressure. This also happened intermittently until after a month, it just stopped giving me the error.

Maybe it's just a matter of time before the car learns the sensors? Also, did you try driving the car for at least 40 seconds at 15 mph or more?

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, that is hopeful information. It actually has only gone beserk twice on me and cured itself. Today I got a replacement fuse for it. The old one was not blown but the blades kind of looked like they had experienced some heat. Still okay for now but time will tell.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts