1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sensors are from 2008 and the tires are from last year.

The symbol (!) flashes then says solid and it says check tpms system on the screen.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
If you didn't purchase new sensors when you changed the tires you could have a dead sensor in the wheel. The batteries on the sensors are only good for 5 years, which is the typical shelf life for a rubber tire.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
332 Posts
Sensors are from 2008 and the tires are from last year.

The symbol (!) flashes then says solid and it says check tpms system on the screen.
Did the shop that put the tires on charge you a "tpms fee". When they do that they replace the batteries so it should be good for more. Can you toggle to tpms on the display and get pressures?

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did the shop that put the tires on charge you a "tpms fee". When they do that they replace the batteries so it should be good for more. Can you toggle to tpms on the display and get pressures?
No, it doesn't show the psi on the dash anymore. I tried scanning the sensors and one of them didn't want to read.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I've never seen a TPMS sensor with replaceable batteries. They're sealed and disposable.. The TPMS fee is usually (if they do anything) replacement of the valve core, sealing grommet and the nut that fastens it to the wheel.

Possible causes
- dead or dying sensor (which has been suggested and most likely)
-TPM system malfunction causing the computer to "forget" one or more of the sensor ID's
-Car in close range with a sensor of the same ID (sounds unlikely, but it CAN happen) setting a hard TPM code

If you live near a Discount Tire, they've been very helpful in the past with TPMS issues. If they're like my local store, someone can scan all the sensors to see if they're reading proper PSI compared to a pencil gauge and also to see if it's reading at all.

If I can recall, most Hondas use an auto-relearn so after a tire rotation or replacement, the computer gets used to "seeing" the same 4 ID's after numerous drive-cycles and the TPM registers them as belonging to the car.

·
Registered
443 Posts
You could probably use TPMS from many different honda vehicles.. The sensors radio frequency has to match what your car needs. If you find this info out, you can get universal sensors also.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.